All reviews front desk living room watch tv walking distance king bed parking lot freeway close one night stay comfortable stay excellent customer service the staff was friendly and helpful upon check fitness center very nice hotel excellent stay complimentary breakfast newbury park
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

A good courtyard property with attentive and friendly staff. This has all the usual amenities of a courtyard; what makes it above average is the service. For example, after a long hike, the front desk agent went into the kitchen to get me a glass of ice water. Many thanks!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Nancy H, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

We are so pleased that you found our staff to be attentive and friendly! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

Visited Thousand Oaks for the weekend concluding our holiday excursion through Southern California, decided to book at the Courtyard based on location and cost! Stayed in room 1001, located on the main floor, close to the lobby and bar. Although we did not have the opportunity to enjoy any of the amenities it was a nice, pleasant stay. Comfortable bed and very clean. Staff was welcoming and courteous both when we arrived late in the evening and once departing early in the morning.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Nancy H, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy that you found everything to be nice, cozy and friendly! We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

My family & I stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding. Location is ideal, close to restaurants & mall. Clean room with modern interior design. Lobby and business center beautifully design and functional. However, our toilet was not functioning properly upon check in. (We found out the hard way) We informed front desk. It took them several hours for maintenance to fix. And even after, it still didn’t seem to have the proper pressure. But it was working. The surprise I had is when I got home and found a $400 incidental hold on my acct. That seemed a bit much! Of which, the front desk clerk didn’t bother to disclose. All in all, would I stay here again? Yes, clean bed, clean restroom and safe environment.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Nancy H, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will certainly investigate the concerns mentioned in your comments, as they are not customary.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Marriott rooms are always very nice, great beds, nice working desk, good air quality, quiet, TV you can watch easily from bed as the screen is large enough. Bathrooms always have nice extras and decent coffee.

But since I am in many Marriott Courtyards, can I let you in on a little secret?

Of all the Marriott Courtyards I have been in or stayed at in the past five years - various cities - this one is the BEST of all of them by far!!!! This city about a half hour northwest of Warner Center, is worth the drive.

The staff is just so superior in their commitment to serving guests. The other Courtyards seem to have their good and bad days, and unfortunately I have seen some of their awkward times. But Newbury Park / Thousand Oaks Courtyard consistently score a WOW !!! score on so many levels.

Day staff front desk - "hop to it service" - reminds me of high end valet service for car park. They move fast and they deliver. The whole day team gels well, supporting each other seamlessly. Their senior staff also are committed to excellence.

The Bistro, the on property restaurant, scores another WOW. They plate food well, so it is photo ready. The quality of the food is really, really good - worthy of stop off and have a sandwich or bar food snack here when passing through. Breakfast, although off menu, is excellent. It certainly is on par with like a Marie Callender's - plenty of really good food. It's Starbucks coffee. So, if you like Starbucks there's no line here, or rarely, and you will have so much seating and places to plug in your phone or laptop, AND you can even put your feet up and watch TV....that far outshines the Starbucks locations! Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner. If you arrive late or too early, there is also a Chili's in the same parking lot.

Parking for the hotel and Bistro is easy in. If you park in handicap parking, PLEASE please be careful pulling in. There is a "resident rabbit" that lives I guess in the bushes just in front of it and often comes out to greet me when I arrive. Maybe it was someone's pet that got away? Not sure.

Are you a loyalty member who is just driving through? This location Courtyard will roll out the red carpet to you to work from the lobby even if you are not staying here. I love their "barrel" booths - plug in your laptop and phone, and they have private TVs you can watch to keep up with the news while you work. I would love to have this set up in my house at some point.

Marriott here also has a pool, jacuzzi, gym and laundry if you need it. It's a close commute to AMGEN if you are contracting there. In and Out Burger is a long walk, but walking distance. Need a Notary? Try UPS - it's next to Ameci's, an amazing Italian pizza, pasta, wings, and sandwich place (a chain) and Ameci's also delivers. If you "need" booze, there is a liquor store also within walking distance, same complex. If you want higher end food, you can opt for the steakhouse in the same complex area - with steaks up to $90+/ per steak.

It's about a five minutes drive to Brendon's Irish Pub on the other side of the freeway, and home to some very good Irish food and live entertainment on Friday nights. If you overdo it, there is a Walgreens drug store across the street from the pub. Several fast food type places are also on that side of the freeway.

Down the street from the hotel (get directions) still on Newbury Road but it turns off...go to Jeannette's Edelweiss restaurant, which is famous for authentic German food.

If you have fallen in love with this Marriott Courtyard like I have, you can negotiate weekly rates if you want to stay awhile. Sometimes its worth paying a little more than an extended stay and really staying some place that just feels like home. Next door is the Townsuites, same management. Of the two, townsuites has suites, but I like the air quality and staff service better at Courtyard. Townsuites is more like the other Marriott's I have stayed at - very good, but just "not off the charts GREAT."

Marriott Courtyard here, I still think Marriott corporate office ought to hire the trainers here to train the other Marriott locations. By far, this is one of the best hotels for its star level in Southern California.

Note 1: If you have disabilities, and are traveling with a service animal or animal providing medical services, this location will go "above and beyond" to ensure you really enjoy your stay and have what you need. I'm only recommending (from my side) respect their furniture and bring a blanket or cover for their furniture. The couch sectional could snag with dog or other animal nails. The bedding also should be covered, in my opinion, for less risks.

NOTE 2: "When did I travel' is a bit not accurate. I keep going back. I started going there in summer 2017. It's m stop off place between north and south now.

Room Tip: Walking disability? Choose 2nd or higher floor near elevator. 1st floor rooms are a long walk.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Waystation_49
Nancy H, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Thank you so much! We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and we genuinely appreciate you sharing such great feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back each and every time!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

This Courtyard is a good hotel. All the staff are welcoming, polite and friendly; for example, on checking in, they immediately offered to print out directions for me to the office I would be attending in the morning. Great service. The room was comfortable, the bed was great and the wifi worked really well. The bathroom was of a good standard, clean and well supplied. I could have used more than one pouch of coffee for the mornings, though. The bar area was OK but with other amenities so close by it was not really lively so I went outside instead. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Thousand Oaks

Room Tip: Not at the front as it's close to the freeway. Back or sides.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are always happy to hear that our team is welcoming and friendly! Thank you for straying and we hope to see you again in the future.