“Little bit Sushi, little bit vietnamese, a hidden gem”

Streets by Bistro Orient
Ranked #23 of 238 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: Sushi, Vietnamese
Reviewed February 20, 2016

My wife and I found this hidden gem shortly after it opened. It has been a favorite ever since. We usually start with the Fresh Spring Rolls, Pork Belly variety. It is hard to leave the Starters section without ordering Sriracha Hoisin Honey Pork Belly Steamed Buns. If meet is not your thing, they have several vegetarian starters as well. My favorite entree is the Compound Butter with Sea Bass (which I assume is a french influenced Vietnamese recipe; I mean butter in an asian dish) Tres Bon.

Reviewed February 11, 2016

My friend and I visited for the first time. We were very impressed with the nice contemporary decor. We ordered Pa Thai, and it was drenched in a strong heavy sauce, not at all tasting like the traditional Pa Thai you get at a Thai restaurant. Probably won't return.

Reviewed January 31, 2016

I like the location. Easy to park. The restaurant has room so you don't feel crammed in. It is wheelchair accessible. Clean, attractive setting. Menu should please everyone and lunch specials look appealing. I ordered the universal "Pad Thai". It was a good serving with lots of chicken, the down side was it had a very noticeable sweet taste. Like sugar added. I was surprised . I did not like it at all. It came with crumpled peanuts on top, not much else. It was a disappointing choice. I also ordered the Pho soup with the rare steak. I was abit surprised in the meat choices other than chicken. The soup broth was an unusual taste, like it had cinnamon added. That too I never had before. The rare steak was awful! tough, I could not eat this soup. Perhaps this is a new version of Vietnamese flavors. Sadly I did not like either dish. I will go back for the lunch special and give it another go. The siracha honey hoisin baby back ribs looked awesome!

Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

Great, friendly service! Lots of variety on the menu. Something for everyone. Real creative sushi dishes and good quality fish. The staff is a true gem! They will keep you returning for the great service. Good happy hour and craft beer selections!

Reviewed December 15, 2015

The only not so good thing about this restaurant is the location. It is not bad but it is hidden behind 2 garages on a side street and somehow invisible to the public. But once you know about it you will be "hooked" on it.
The food is delicious, with a large diversity of dishes from sushi to soups and noodles and many other Vietnamese or South East Asian foods. They have a much larger variety than the classic Pho places.
The soup itself is different much richer in ingredients. The drinks have awesome prices and at happy hour (everyday between 4 and 7) all drinks are cheaper. same goes for a list of tasty appetizers.
The service is incredibly fast and the waiters are so friendly and helpful.
What can you ask for more? we loved it and we will be back overtime when we want some good exotic food.