All reviews irish pub courtyard room great pool grocery store pool area hollywood suite potatoes chess game waffles on site restaurant gas station free breakfast bit dated hot tub parking lot newbury park fresh fruit
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This Hotel is fabulous, I have enjoyed my stay and would come back again. Courtyard is so calming for a walk, or to meet with friends, family. Jeff, Cody, Nicole and Daniel are so accommodating to their guests needs. While sitting in the courtyard all comments of the Hotel were so positive and guests were all happy. No drama and if I found I needed anything they took the time to make it happen. Room was clean and very quiet and it has the luxury feeling and in the evening looking out to the courtyard lit up like being in a luxury garden, music playing and everyone is friendly. Come try it you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard are fabulous at night.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
PalmGardenManager, Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Kristen,

Thank you for sharing through tripadvisor,
We truly appreciate the kind review and words of both the property and our staff. We strive to ensure every guest's experience is unique and enjoyable, so hearing our team has done just that is greatly rewarding.
Thank you again for choosing the Palm Garden Hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

This place is AMAZING! My husband and i were road tripping and we decided to stop here and we were impressed!! The cleanliness, how friendly the staff was, and we even ran into the GM on our way out and he was a pleasant and humble young man that made sure our extended stay was fun and memorable. They have a decent sized pool and a jacuzzi which is a plus and they also had a live size chest board. I think we found our go to spot when when come to this side of town. Thank you Palm Garden for making this stay unforgettable.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
PalmGardenManager, Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Geegee,

Thank you for writing a review on tripadvisor,
It is great to hear you had an amazing stay, we believe first impressions mean a lot. It is fantastic you enjoyed your visit and we hope you were able to experience everything we offer.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

I've stayed here a few times, and each time the front desk has been incredibly helpful and accommodating. They have a lot of rooms, great for hosting conferences and weddings. The rooms are clean and pretty much what I'd expect from a hotel, decent size and average hotel bedding.

The restaurant attached is ok, but there are other food options nearby (I really like the Indian restaurant in the same complex.)

The big highlight for me is the salt water pool!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Antoinette,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the tripadvisor community,
Thank you for your continued patronage. We are excited to hear our front desk is providing the best service each and every time. We are happy to announce that we will be doing a full remodel to our bathrooms this year so we'll continue improving with every visit.
We look forward to your next stay in Thousand Oaks area.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

My wife and I stayed here back in 2014, but recently stayed again for a couple of nights. My original review from then is titled 'Unexpected Extras'.

Well, in addition to all the positives from before, it seems like the hotel keeps getting better.

They've improved the TVs and internet, the room and bath seemed more sparkly, quality of bed and linens very nice, and they've added those fancy little iPad like things in the room to order stuff, give information, etc. I think they may have replaced the doors, as I remember the old ones were fine, but you could tell they must have been from the original hotel opening in the '70's. Attention to that kind of detail is impressive. The complimentary breakfast was moved into the Irish pub, and the quality of the food is still head and shoulders above most every comp breakfast I've ever seen. A great value!

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room facing the interior courtyard, as the other rooms might be a bit noisy from the freeway.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank williamj942
PalmGardenManager, Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Dear William,

Thank you for writing a review on tripadvisor of your most recent stay,
It is fantastic to hear our continued renovations are appreciated. Our ownership has taken pride in keeping up with evolving trends and we are excited to be partnered with KEYPR.
We look forward to your next trip to the Thousand Oaks area, and hope you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

I've stayed her before. We like the location as there is enough to find with shopping and restaurants near us that is walkable. Within a five minute drive you open up your options exponentially. The check-in this time was just okay. Not too friendly but not mean. Just doing her job....

The room appeared clean and with enough ample room. It was a king bed. The location faced the rear. The pro to this is that we parked our car right in front of the room which was convenient to unload and load. The con to it was that it seemed like the path for loud teenagers or young adults to get to their destination. It didn't really seem to quiet down until after 11:00 p.m. However, we had to get up at 4:00 a.m. to reach our next destination. This is certainly not the hotel's fault it just is. Our room number was 127. The one thing that can be improved is the shower water pressure. I couldn't get the shower to run without a large amount of water coming out of the tub spout too. This, I'm sure, caused the weak water pressure. Didn't want to pull too hard and break the spicket. TV was good. Internet was good.

The pool is not warm. My son was feeling under the weather so we didn't really get to test it. I don't believe it is heated. But it was tepid warm to our finger touch. We did get to play chess with their oversized chess game. (I won. After losing to my son in the lobby).

The gym is simple but adequate because there weren't a lot of users. I would recommend though towels as there were none. The treadmill closest to the wall skipped so running fast would be at your own risk. The TV works well but unfortunately it is located behind the aerobic machines. They come equipped with small televisions but there is no sound. The TV has sound and it would be nice to face it while doing cardio machine as it makes time go by faster.

Overall if I had to stay in the area, for the price it represents good value and I would consider staying again.

Room Tip: It was quieter at night when we stayed facing the pool area in the rear building.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Brian,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor,
We truly appreciate the detail in your review as it highlights areas that we can improve upon. We do apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. We'll make sure we have maintenance address the plumbing issues. We apologize the aerobic t.v.s are designed to be used with headphones and don't have their own audio capability.
We hope that you do return to the area and we'll have the opportunity to impress.