See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Run down. Unsafe electrics. Dirty. Unsafe balcony. Expensive. Right next to main road. Hard to find, collect keys from horrible shop a mile away. No wifi in most 'cabins' as advertised. Don't stay here, find somewhere better.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2017

We had cabin # 4. Nice view of river. Easy access to river. It was so hot we did not stay outside much. Good air conditioning. Close to The Park. Near by stores, food places, and gas. We enjoyed our visit. The owners did not seem to be on site. However, we like privacy.

Room Tip: There are not many to choose from. You get what you are assigned.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2017

The cabins were not what I expected but the inside was very nice. We started out rough, not realizing the cabins were away from the check in point, no key provided at first and they provide gallons of water for drinking. All the needs for an overnight stay. Clean and close to the beautiful Sequoia National Park.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Our family of five, kids ages 9, 12 and 15, stayed here for one night for our recent visit to Sequoia National Park. It was rustic, but clean. We could walk right up to the river. The kitchen was pretty well equipped, with the exception of teaspoons, which we reported to the folks at the general store where we had checked in. They provided us with a large container of water and promised more if we needed it, as the water in the faucets comes from the river and at that time of year was on the silty side. Our kids enjoyed having their own space upstairs with a double and two twins. My husband and I had the bed downstairs with the bathroom and kitchen right there. Hubby had to rewire the television as it was not wired properly for cable viewing. Wi-fi worked best closest to the window, but we were not in the cabin for too long for it to bother us. I wish we'd had more time to spend there as it was a very pretty place and the park entrance was not too far, nor were the town restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2017

Everything was awful - I booked the 'Luxury' Cabin for 6 adults ( No 8 ) through booking com. We had driven 8 hours that day so arrived in Three Rivers around 7 pm. No directions or advice given so hard to find address which took us to a run down store,hoped this was not where we were staying as did not give a good impression, had to pay and given key and directions to the cabin so was relieved it was not there, was given a large bottle of water and told the water not good for drinking.Getting to the cabin was down a very steep unpaved potholed drive, getting up even worse as we had a very large vehicle.Our cabin was further in among trees and was very tight getting to it past another cabin. The outside of the cabin was a disaster,debris and rubbish piled up so couldn't sit outside, no nice seating just a rusty metal bench,no view of river etc as so overgrown. The entrance was filthy, unkempt with broken slabs etc, the outside balcony was demolished and has been for a long time ( re old reviews ) despite them saying " a recent storm ",dangerous as if dark and walked out onto balcony would have fallen through as only protection was some plastic netting. paintwork inside so old and falling off like door in photo,kitchen cupboards had no doors or fronts, there was no running water so no showers etc,filthy stained carpets,stained bed,stained stools and ripped curtains, not enough seating,not enough pillows and bedding,broken electric plugs and lamp,no light,no wardrobes or storage,single beds were metal 'put u ups'. Also advertised with 'wifi' but apparently this is only available near their office which I believe is one of the cabins 1, 2 or 3 as we could not pick up at all. Luckily my son had a device that gave us internet so we checked hotels etc but there was nowhere in the area to stay as fully booked otherwise would not have slept there, complained at the time as went back to the store and spoke to the guy who connected me by phone to Shianne, she advised all cabins booked so we couldnt change so had no choice but to stay as was now so late, she said she would speak to her boss to see if she could refund me some money re my complaints. On my return I contacted Shianne and booking com, after many emails Shianne refused to refund any money, she also lied about the issues. Booking com has now refunded the total amount of over $300 ( for one night ) The photographs you will see on all the booking sites plus Sequoia's website are nothing like what we found, looks like they were from years ago when perhaps the site was in a better condition, everything been neglected and run down which is a shame as could be much better.I would advise you not to book here especially not cabin number 8.

Room Tip: Do not book or stay here !
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family