Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Do it once

This takes time: 45 minutes in line and then physically challenging one hour tour of the caverns... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
MegFromMaryland
Ocean Pines, Maryland
Very interesting

My wife, 2 kids and I visited this past week. The caverns were very impressive and our guide was... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Jr S
Magnolia, Delaware

4,065 results
All reviews car museum tour guide garden maze natural wonder stalacpipe organ other attractions stalactites and stalagmites own pace mother nature takes about an hour reflecting pool amazing caverns skyline drive ropes course gift shop take pictures ticket price
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Pictures do not do this place justice. It can truly only be marveled and admired in person. It is a paved walkway with the deepest point at 160 feet below ground and the total tour distance is 1.25 miles long with an incline and a flight of stairs to ascend upon the exit. It takes about an hour to complete to guided tour. I felt bad for our tour guide who had to deal with a group of foreign tourists who didn't quite understand English. They took selfies where they were asked not to, leaned on and touched some of the stalagmites and even were talking so loud that the poor people in the back could not hear the tour guide. Aside from the naive tourists, the formations are unbelievable. Truly marvelous and worth the 2.5 hour drive from D.C.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Wife and kids enjoyed it.. The natural formations were impressive but I found the car museum had more of my interest.. It’s an impressive collection of some of the earlier modes of leisure transportation and work machines..

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

It was amazing how big the caverns actually is! The tour guide though was new, high school student but ofcourse anyone new in a job is still learning but it was a holiday I was expecting for a more educational infotainment. The tour lasted 1 hour and they sell you a package picture for $35 since it’s hard to get a great picture inside a cave, we bought it. Cellphone pictures cannot capture the minute details but with a video it would be ok.

1  Thank lues16
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I have not been to the Caverns since I was a young child. My mother and I spent about 5 hours there today. We had a great time. From the beautiful natural formations in the Caverns to the awesome cars and carriages in the museum. I would definitely suggest this visit to anyone.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

The ticket prices were a bit outrageous at $28 per person. There is a GIANT Bonus Card 1/2 price discount for the second adult, but hardly anyone carries around their actual bonus card anymore.

The caverns themselves are extensive, though the tiny "fried egg" was not as expected, It was also very frustrating to be rushed through our tour by our high school aged tour guide. And after paying $28 per person, the tour guide then requested gratuities and stood at the top of the stairs collecting them as guests left the caverns.

This is definitely a one-time deal and we will not go back again.