“Romantic Getaway in the Blue Ridge!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Piney Hill is like the fine wine of Bed and Breakfasts. Hank and Wiley thought through every minute of our stay and how to make us happy and relaxed ... and they appeared to enjoy every minute of it! Within moments of our arrival at their beautifully renovated farmhouse (outdoor lights gave the house a winter sparkle), we were whisked into Hank and Wiley's warm cozy world, and within a few more minutes, we were traipsing out to the jacuzzi with our glasses of wine in the snow. Really magical. We mentioned before our visit that we were looking for locations to have our wedding but didn't know our way around. The next morning, by my breakfast plate, were directions to the nearby farm where we had an appointment. That is just one example of the ways Hank and Wiley went out of their way to help us get to the know the area. They gave really helpful restaurant recommendations and were full of entertaining local tidbits (just ask Hank for "what he's heard lately" about the local eateries and wineries). My fiance and I had romantic moments and fun communal breakfasts with other guests. The setting was rustic - mountains in the background and cows milling around the neighbor's farm - but our stay at Piney Hill really also felt wonderfully decadent. The breakfasts were magnificent, the room was really comfortable (in fact, we cozied up to watch a movie the first night instead of going out), and the house and grounds were just beautiful. After our amazing weekend with Hank and Wiley, we decided to get married in Luray. Piney Hill will be our top recommendation for wedding guests!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Walking into the Piney Hill B&B from the cold one gets the feeling that you are in a warm and welcoming home. It doesn't take long for Hank and Wiley to appear, and THEN you know that you're home! They both are so warm and amicable. Our room (the Walter Rogers room) was warm and comfortable with a spacious bathroom. From the two windows there are views of the surrounding hills and fields. The gourmet breakfasts were delicious. There was plenty of food to carry you through to dinner! Speaking of dinner, there are plenty of restaurants to go to in downtown Luray (a 15 minute drive from Piney Hill). Hank and Wiley willingly provide you with a run down of the restaurants in town with the latest reviews of each. I have stayed in several B&Bs over the years. This surely has to rank at the top. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Rosebud cottage at Piney Hill based purely on the recommendation of a friend, and we were NOT disappointed. In fact, we plan to visit here again. It was a visit in January, so there wasn't a lot of outdoor activities to enjoy, so I can't speak to that. But, the hospitality by the Innkeepers (Wiley and Hank) was everything we want in a B&B. Warm and welcoming, but not overbearing. There to meet your every need, but happy to give you your privacy. The whole place has a comfortable welcoming feel. Artfully decorated and yet homey. The cottage is idyllic. Lots of privacy, and spacious and outfitted with everything we needed. The breakfast is delivered in a basket each morning, and it is delicious! We brought our own coffee, and used the drip coffee maker in the cottage, which suits me just fine!

Lastly, we got great recommendations from the Innkeepers, who know the area well. Each recommendation was spot on. We toured the caverns, which is spectacular. But, now that we've done that we won't need to do it on our next visit. More time to relax!

Room Tip: The rosebud cottage is the best!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This was my first time at a B&B, and I am hooked! I took my boyfriend for a weekend getaway for his birthday, and it was so much more than we expected. The views surrounding the Inn are quaint countryside, rolling hills, farm animals, and beautiful open skies. It's very convenient to the downtown area with fantastic restaurant options.

Hank and Wiley were so warm and welcoming, and made me feel right at home in their home. They are very helpful and friendly, recommending local restaurants and fun things to do in the area. And they can cook a mean breakfast!

We stayed in the Rosebud Cottage which felt like a home away from home. I loved the cookies and our yummy chocolate cake that magically appeared on the kitchen table! :) Breakfast was out of this world, I was dancing around in my chair when I was eating the pumpkin cream cheese stuffed french bread. YUM!

I cannot wait to go back! If you are looking for something really special to share with a loved one, you cannot go wrong with Piney Hill B&B.

Thanks Hank and Wiley! See you next year. :)

Room Tip: The Rosebud Cottage is beautifully appointed and offers a great deal of privacy for a very special a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Molly K
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at Piney Hill. Wiley and Hank were very friendly, extremely knowledgeable about restaurants and hikes in the area, and showed us nothing but great hospitality. I would definitely recommend Piney Hill to others for a relaxing getaway!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The B&B is located in a beautiful part of the Shenandoah Valley, sounded by farm country but just a few miles away from downtown Luray. Very convenient to go into town and grab a bite or see a gallery, etc. and be back at the house in about 10 minutes. The innkeepers, Wiley and Hank, are super friendly and helpful. They do a great job at creating a relaxing, casual experience that makes everyone feel at ease. I have stayed at overly fussy, uptight B&B's before and am happy to have found a place that is charming, comfortable and easy going. The breakfast is great and cooked from scratch. The house and rooms are very well kept and decorated in what I would call Virginia country eclectic: antiques, collectibles, a bit of lace (not actually my style, but appropriate for a Shenandoah farm house B&B, and kind of fun). They have a small antique barn with household decorative items in the same vein, and we actually bought something that we love, much to my surprise. Our DC brick condo now has a tin barn star hanging on the wall... a little rustic country accent. :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick_WashDC
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This was our first time at a B&B, and Hank & Wiley have set the standards pretty high for all others. The B&B is located just outside of town, so the star gazing is incredible. We stayed two nights in the "Mark Ruffner" room, and then for our last night we stayed in the "Rosebud Cottage". The "Mark Ruffner" room was very nice, spacious and comfortable. The "Rosebud Cottage" was amazing, as it is your own private little getaway. We will be booking the Rosebud Cottage for our next trip. Hank and Wiley are the perfect hosts! They knew exactly where to go, what to do and what was great on the menus. Breakfast in the mornings were decadent, and in the evenings we were greeted with wonderful desserts . The B&B location makes it easy to get to Skyline Drive, wineries, and the caverns. We will be back. - Joe & Scott

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
8.1 km away
29.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
11.7 km away
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah

Been to Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!