“cabin is beautiful, wish river was closer”
Lovely log cabin in the woods near the river
Full-size hot tub Living room with leather furniture and gas fire
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Full-size hot tub
Living room with leather furniture and gas fire
Living room with sofa bed
Brand new fully equipped kitchen
Solid rustic dining room furniture
King size master bed
Master bath vanity
Master bath jacuzzi tub
2nd BR with queen and twin beds
2nd BR with queen and twin beds
Satellite HDTV/DVDs in all rooms
2nd bathroom
2nd bathroom
Stone firepit with unlimited wood provided free
Full free laundry facilities provided
Two canoes and accessories provided
The beautiful Shenandoah River (you cannot see the river from the house)
Lovely grassy riverbank
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
dragonlad...
Prince George, Virginia
“cabin is beautiful, wish river was closer”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

The cabin is beautiful, comfortable and well maintained. My only complaint with our stay was you could not view the river from the cabin. When I searched for a vacation cabin, I searched for a "waterfront cabin" and Bear Timbers" was one. Well, the property may be on the river, but the cabin isn't. It is about a 1/3 mile- or more- hike to the river. I was really hoping to be able to sit on the porch and view the river passing by. There is a trail to the river, but not a driveable one. You must hike, which was a little rough for us as we are not young. They do supply a wagon to bring gear to the river, but it was just too far a distance for us to comfortably get to the river and enjoy the view. It is a nice cabin for a vacation getaway, just not a riverside cabin.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful, quiet neighborhood.
Liked least: Not being able to view the river from the cabin, the hike to the river.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Absecon, New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Devin H
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Relaxing, quiet and beautiful, perfect for a short (or long) getaway”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

My husband and I recently visited this cabin and we had a wonderful stay. I thought I would be bored without the hustle and bustle of the city life, but I was totally wrong. The cabin has brand new appliances and fixtures that made it feel more like "glam-ping". They have everything you can think in terms of cookware. We loved how it was just a short walk to the beautiful Shenandoah River where we could picnic and canoe. It was very relaxing at night cooking steaks on the grill and enjoying a glass of wine in the hot tub with my husband. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone who wants to get away for the weekend (summer or winter:)

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
DC

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
rockville
Reviewed November 15, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Washington DC
Reviewed October 17, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Management Response
17 Oct 2013
Thanks for the feedback, Beth. You're right that the cabin isn't isolated, and we make sure not to advertise or make any claim of isolation. However, it is our hope to make it that way in the near future. As you may have noticed, we put in a tree line earlier this spring. Leyland Cypress trees planted 6 feet apart which grow very tall and dense. When grown, this should make the cabin significantly more private and isolated.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing