All reviews hot tub chalet foster deck walmart mountains weekend escape
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

My family enjoyed staying at these cabins for a weekend getaway. Everything was clean and the space was very welcoming. I even left my bathing suits at the cabin and the owners were nice enough to mail them back to me at no charge to me.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sarah4ord
Reviewed December 14, 2016

Beautiful cabin, amazing view and wonderful owner. We first visited about 10 years ago, the cabin has only gotten better. Everything is clean and functional. The couch is cozy. The sunset views show you many amazing colors of nature and why the blue ridge mountains are just that. We arrived at night, walking out of the bedroom the next morning actually gave me pause looking through the great room windows to the mountains. I am a Rockies girl through and through but found this awe inspiring nonetheless. You are "deep" enough in the mountains to feel nature but close enough to scoot into town for some sight seeing or to grab a bite. Although you do not have to leave the cabin to have a great time - it truly has all that you need. Highly recommend 55 East Main Grill and Brew House - great vibe, beer and people and Uncle Bucks for a more ''traditional" diner experience (the waitresses will make you smile). The owner of Starlit View is an extremely wonderful man, he cares about his properties and genuinely wants you to have a good time. Easy booking, easy check in and check out. Memories happen on their own when our souls live, however Starlit view grants the serenity and beauty to make them great vivid memories.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank amcderma
Reviewed September 2, 2016

Had a wonderful time in Luray! The cabin was nice and clean. Kitchen stocked with everything you would need to cook and clean. Nice view. Situated in the perfect location within minutes to attractions and stores. Plan on returning next year!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2016

Where shall I begin…. In an effort to spare you from you reading a book I’ll bullet my experience:

• Upon walking in the first thing that hit me was the smell. Moldy, wet, dank, dirty.
• The couch is threadbare and dirty. I actually would not sit on it without a sheet.
• The curtains are stained and dirty.
• The wall AC’s did not work in two of the rooms.
• The soak-in tub was stained and dirty.
• The dishes were put back in the cupboard dirty. Actually had food in the pan. They never hit water.
• The silverware was dirty.
• The kitchen floor was filthy.
• The bathroom shower curtain was moldy and dirty.
• The hot tub was dirty.
• The lawn is unkempt

I feel totally ripped off and quite upset about the entire experience. I could not wait to go home to take a shower and be in a clean environment.

I emailed and texted the owner and have not had a reply. Not even a sorry. Which is why I am posting.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Laura C
Reviewed April 4, 2016

We spent 2 nights at this cabin:

Pros:
1. The door code worked easily.
2. The kitchen utensil was in great condition.
3. TV, fireplace ...etc worked well.
4. Great view on all sides of the cabin.
5. Wood logs provided.
6. The rocking chairs worked perfectly.

Cons:
1. The road to the cabin is unpaved and at some points tricky to drive with a sedan car.
2. The beds in both rooms are pretty noisy, even with tiny movements.
3. We could not figure out how the outside hot tub works.
4. The water in bathtub/bedroom hot tub was tepid at best, not warm.
5. The Jacuzzi in the bedroom hot tub will spit germs into water.
6. The BBQ supposed to work with gas but we could not figure out how (bring your own Charcoal).

Room tip: Bring Charcoal, towels, toilette papers, paper towels
Date of stay: March 2016