“Lucky Find”

Woodruff House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We were very fortunate to find the Woodruff House B&B when we were looking for accommodation without a reservation after leaving Washington DC to explore the Sky Line Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway.

The room and bed were top notch, the breakfast amazing. If you enjoy staying at B&Bs, We highly recommend the Woodruff House B7B.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Our daughter went to luay this past spring and came back telling us about Luray and the bed and breakfast that they stayed in. She had such a good time, that when we decieded to take a road trip, we followed her advice. We stayed at the woodruff house b&b and I now see why she raved about it. Donna was so hospitalble and careing about us and the other guest. We showed up about the same time as the other guest and before we got to our rooms, I felt like we were one big family. All the town information was waiting on us upon arrival and we even went to dinner with the other guest, Tom and Cindy (as it felt like we had known them forever). We went to the Victorian Inn, which was recommended by Donna and it was soo good. We got to me the chef who was and pleasant has the food he served. They had a small Jazz band playing outside which was nice.
We will be back in the fall as I hear it is beautiful that time of year.
I will recommend this to everyone.

Room Tip: We were in the Johnson Room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank followthyheart
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My husband and I did not know where we were going when we got into the car. We just started driving and ended up in the little town of Luray. We found the Woodruff House bed and breakfast and what a find it was. The young lady, Donna, was so nice and welcomed us in her house with open arms. The house was charming and the room we had, Rooftop was amazing. she let us see the rest of the rooms before other guest arrived and they were as lovely and the ours. She had town information ready and let us know about the activities in town including the free concert down town. That was real nice and all the people in luray seem to be friendly. We asked several people where we should eat and most of them quickly told us about the Victorian Inn Restaruant. We went there for dinner and it was amazing. Hard to beleive you can find that kind of food in such a small town. Fine dinning, but casual atmospher. Our trip was AMAZING. Nice get a way from the busy life that we live. We well def be back again.

Room Tip: Bring a hair dryer as they don't have them.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank fun4all31
Reviewed 11 May 2011

The Woodruff House is beautiful place, my kids and wife had a wonderful time there. I would like to give credit to Donna, if it wasn’t for her the trip wouldn’t be as great as it was. Thanks Donna will see you soon! Would recommend to all.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kevin123444
Reviewed 24 April 2011

My daughter and I were stuck in the Shenandoahs at midnight with no place to stay on Easter weekend. I found the Woodruff on line. Donna had two rooms left. She offered to discount the cheaper one to fit our budget but there was only one bed in that room. When we got there, we realized she had changed the rooms and given us the more expensive suite for the same price. It was hands down the most beautiful room I have ever slept in. It was a suite in the attic of an old Victorian home, with exposed rustic wood, slanted ceilings, and turreted rooms. The master queen bed was amazing and the second day bed was perfect for the two of us! The next morning, the breakfast was way over the top - fruit, pancakes, bacon, eggs to order, and crispy hash browns! Also very friendly company. Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank rucks47
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I had an amazing time staying at the Woodruff House. It's a beautiful historic home and it is run by a wonderful couple, Jon and Donna Mitchell. The new management has taken great care to make their guests' stay a romantic visit. My room was spacious, clean, and homey. And the value for my stay was great compared to other B&Bs I looked at. Also, it's located in the beautiful town of Luray in the Shenandoah Mountains. I'm so glad I stayed there and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank happyguest96
Reviewed 6 April 2011

We stayed with a very young baby. The rooms and bath room were very clean and very cosy and typical. Donna, the lady who welcomed and served us, prepared us a wonderful breakfast. If you plan to visit the Luray Caverns, combine it with a stay in this friendly house!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank joseve
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
0.4 km away
0.3 km away
Best Western Intown Luray
22.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to Woodruff House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!