All reviews fish inn alaska charters small restaurant water view rooms were extremely clean place to stay large room a wonderful stay fish and chips plenty of hot water two nights fly key dock noise thermostat outbound
Reviewed August 29, 2018

In July of this year (2018) my extended family of 16 people, ranging in age from
12 years (my nephew) to 75 years (my Dad), stayed at The Longliner Lodge. It was an amazing experience. The Longliner is in the perfect location. The owner Herb and his family, and staff went above and beyond to be sure my family had the perfect vacation. The fishing was amazing. Outbound Alaska Charters was top notch. My family caught Halibut, Silver Salmon, Yellow Eye & Rockfish. The Lodge also has a processing operation at the dock, so after the fish were cleaned and filleted, they were frozen and delivered to the airport for transport home. In addition, the rooms were extremely clean and the view was outstanding. We had many meals, snacks and drinks at the lodges restaurant, which was delicious. The Lodge is just a 5 minute walk to downtown which was perfect for exploring Sitka. As you can tell from my review, I am a big fan of this Lodge, that is why I gave it 5 stars!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a few of the Suites, all of them had great views and were very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
SitkaJon, Owner at Longliner Lodge and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Hello Patricia,
We will always remember your group. Thanks for sending us pictures of your family and taking the time to write a review. We truly feel like you became part of the family during your 9 day visit. Your son is an awesome kid, and it was so good for him to find a friend in Hunter to hang out with and experience so much that Sitka has to offer. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to tell us and others about your experience with the Longliner, and hope you'll come back again one day. And don't worry, the soap is not made from a biodegradable algae and salmon skin ;).

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Stayed for 5 nights while fishing with Outbound Alaska Charters. The room was comfortable and the staff outstanding. The check-in was as smooth as it gets. The staff was always friendly and helpful. Very relaxing atmosphere. The small restaurant was wonderful. I had the best fish and chips I have ever eaten.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
SitkaJon, Owner at Longliner Lodge and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Hello Clete,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at the Longliner. We are so glad we met or exceeded your expectations and hope you will visit us again.
-- Jim H.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

My verdict from a week-long stay: this unassuming hotel in an unassuming location is truly a gem! …I base this particularly on 1) its engaging and exceptionally helpful (but not overbearing) staff, 2) its easy-going, cozy/intimate feel, 3) its truly outstanding restaurant, 4) lovely and typically serene views of the bay/ocean and boats (mostly smaller-scale fishing types) (note I’m not sure how the views might vary by room), 5) only 5-10 minute walk to Sitka business district and 6) free laundry with a new, top quality washer & dryer. Finally, 7) I shared the very nice and very spacious *Master Suite* on the 3rd floor. (I don’t have direct knowledge of standard rooms, but 8 others in my group were pleased with theirs.) That suite was previously the living quarters of the former owner - a talented carpenter? I’ve never seen such a large array of fancy cabinets (esp. in the kitchen)! Its bathroom had a hot tub and was also very nicely appointed. The space and configuration of the suite would make it suitable for entertaining a largish group. Although a dresser would be a helpful addition to one of the bedrooms (mine), I enjoyed the plentiful space for spreading out my things.
A few prior reviews faulted the staff’s frequent absence from the front desk area. Although I initially also wondered about that, I thought it was perfectly fine. The slight delay of sometimes looking around and/or asking for help always yielded quick service – and I thought it was nevertheless quicker than in many hotels where you end up waiting in line to speak to staff. Besides, the responses were always kind and helpful, so why complain about their cost-efficient multitasking?
I highly recommend this hotel with its great combination of features in a single package. Plus the owner, who knows boats and fishing, can provide friendly and knowledgeable boat tours based right at the hotel (as he did for us).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to review our property and sharing such detailed information. We are glad you stayed with us and look forward to having you back on a future visit. -- Longliner Staff

Reviewed July 24, 2018

We stayed at the Longliner for two nights at the end of a cruise and had a very positive experience, starting with the booking process and straight through to the airport drop-off. When we were originally searching for a place in Sitka and finding nothing available, Jim -- one of the owners -- was incredibly helpful and moved some things around to accommodate us. When we arrived the other owner and his wife were great, helped us retrieve our luggage from the cruise drop off, and made sure everything was in working order for us. The property is right on the water a little out of the main downtown area, but easily accessible -- about a 5-7 minute walk. We had a ton of space in our suite (Suite A) and very much enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the wildlife and activity in the harbor -- we had visits from a sea lion and an otter right off our balcony. The hotel is still being renovated by the new owners and is still needs a few things -- there was no dresser with drawers if we'd wanted to unpack, no alarm clock in the bedroom -- but nothing that was really inconvenient. The beds were REALLY comfortable, the bathroom was large and the shower was hot with great water pressure. We struggled a little in the mornings since the restaurant doesn't serve breakfast so there are no easy options except to walk into downtown. We would have loved to be able to use the very large kitchen in our room, but didn't know where to get some basic groceries. We had dinner at the restaurant one night and the fish and chips were excellent. When we talked to others from our cruise who were also staying in Sitka, it seemed like we had a much more positive experience than others did at the more popular hotels downtown. We would absolutely stay at the Longliner again.

Room Tip: We loved our suite (Suite A) although it was much more room than we needed for two people -- it was the size of a one bedroom apartment!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Kathleen,

Thanks for staying with us at the Longliner and we appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience. We hope that if you return to Sitka one day that you will return to our property. Jim goes out of his way to accommodate guests whenever possible, and we are glad that you were able to stay in one of our 4 suites. As owners, we all like to stay actively involved to ensure a good guest experience, so our guests should always know that we are accessible should there be anything to make your visit a better one. In the summertime, 4 AM sunrises usually serve as an alarm clock, but we will invest on one for each of the suites ;).

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved our stay at the Longliner. The room was great and the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful.
We had a scheduling glitch and had to leave one night sooner than expected, and we were pleasantly surprised to receive a full refund for the missed night. We would return there in a heartbeat!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

We love hearing great feedback like yours and are happy to have met or exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again on a future visit to Sitka. -- Longliner Staff