“A Sitka must do!”
Review of Gallant Adventures

Gallant Adventures
Ranked #2 of 37 Tours in Sitka
More attraction details
Owner description: Intimately observe and learn about whales, sea otters, brown bears, Stellar sea lions, puffins and bald eagles while on a personable marine wildlife boat tour with a 100 ton Master captain, Alaskan field geologist and mountain climber as your guide. There is truly no better way to experience the Real Sitka!
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I have fantastic photos but the ones posted are accurate and even more fantastic. Paul, the owner/operator takes you out to paradise islands showing you up close & personal Alaska wildlife. I highly recommend this adventure.

12  Thank Gentle J
gallantadventures, Owner at Gallant Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thanks for the review! Sitka is, indeed, a natural paradise! I just have the Best Time taking people out to explore & experience the REAL Sitka! I’m glad that you had a good time on your trip and thank you very much for taking a moment to write me a review!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"wonderful guide"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Had an absolutely fabulous morning with Paul whale watching. We saw whales within the first 15 minutes of leaving the harbor. Paul was very kind and attentive to us and showed us so much including puffins, sea otters, sea lions, birds and the overall beauty around Sitka. We felt very safe and relaxed the whole tour. Highly recommend Gallant Adventures for your next trip to Beautiful Sitka, Alaska!

6  Thank Kathy S
gallantadventures, Owner at Gallant Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Hi Kathy!! Good to hear from you and thanks for taking a moment to write me a 5 Star review! I had a blast out with your family a couple of weeks ago. Sitka has been Whalemania as of late and, as you mentioned, there are even whales close to town. Sitka is just so beautiful and the area is so pristine and natural. I have such a good time taking people out to truly experience this amazing area every day. I’m glad you had such a good time and I hope to see you again sometime. Every day is totally different and you JUST NEVER KNOW what you might see while on a Gallant Adventure!

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We picked Paul Davis based on all the TA reviews. Great choice! He responded so quickly to all questions. He has a small boat and knows all the waters around Sitka. He told us it was one of the worst days he had this year and asked if we still wanted to go. My husband and I and a family of 4 agreed to go and even though we hit some "gnarly" conditions, as he described them-like Mr Toads very wild ride-we had a blast. Most of the time was spent on calm water around inlets and small islands and some time was spent whale watching. We saw eagles, sea lions, otters,one bear, humpbacks, an orca, and a gray whale that went under the boat. He will take you to see what it is that inerests you. I highly recommend him for your visit to sitka!

7  Thank sugglace

Corinne,
Thanks for the 5 star review!! What a fun and unexpectedly productive trip!! I was totally on the fence with canceling our trip since it was rough out on the ocean and also very foggy. However, just like my one buddy says “You don’t know unless you go”! I remember looking around in dense fog (50yd visibility) and praying that I might see a gray whale that had been hanging around that area a couple days earlier. All of the sudden, out of nowhere, a big bull orca pops up very close. What I remember most about him was his bent-over dorsal fin. You always hear that only orcas in captivity have bent-over dorsal fins, but I occasionally see it in wild orcas. I think this bull was very old and that’s why the collagen isn’t as firm as it once was. His fin wasn’t collapsed by any means, but the very tip had a unique curl to it.
We watched him for a bit when he vanished into the fog. Just as I was about to roll out and head to our next spot, a gray whale popped up RIGHT NEXT to us! I remember being like “whammy! Tour saved!” Haha. I took the boat out of gear and killed the engine and the gray whale came right up to us swam a circle around us and dove under us. He swam away into the fog. We even saw a brown bear over by the waterfall where the salmon were jumping! And to think that I considered cancelling! ‍♂️. Thanks again for taking the time to write me a review and YOU NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOU GO!! See you next time!

Reviewed August 19, 2018

I was on a 36 hour layover as one of the pilots of the Delta flight that lands in Sitka in summer. I had brought my family as Sitka is suck a pretty town. A week before I contacted Paul and felt very fortunate to find that he was able to take us out for the 3 hour wildlife tour. As a family of 5 we booked the whole boat.

What a tour. Leave aside that we had perfect weather, Sitka is stunning gorgeous and the whales practically want to jump into the boat, it's Paul that makes the trip really special. Despite the fact he has been working tours all summer, Paul's knowledge and enthusiasm made us feel like we were the first group he's ever taken out. His excitement in taking us to the different tour spots was infectious and he interacted and answer our kids endless questions with boundless enthusiasm.

We were out much longer than he promised, saw more than we could have imagined and can't recommend Paul enough! Magical.

12  Thank seatrump

Ray & Family,
Good to hear from you and it was a pleasure spending a few hours with your nice family. Thanks for taking the time to write me such a nice review. We had a really nice day and had a fantastic time out there. I’m happy to hear that you & your family had such a good time. I also wanted to thank you for sharing that nice video you made, it was a lot of fun to re-live the trip. Thanks again for choosing ME to take your family out exploring and I hope to see you all again next time you make it to Sitka!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Paul is a fabulous guide from the moment we emailed him.He was in contact right away and answered all our questions and gave great advice to help us prepare. I selected Gallant Adventures over the cruise marine life excursion after reading reviews on trip advisor. Paul met us at the drop off location and was the ultimate guide. When we returned to the ship, we were so glad we did. We spoke to others that did the cruise sponsored excursion, we learned that by going with Gallant Adventures we were able to see more marine wild life and get closer to the islands than they were. They were on big boats with large numbers of people and limited views while we were on a small boat with only 6 people. The entire experience was a complete joy.

Date of experience: June 2018
12  Thank Elena H

Been to Gallant Adventures? Share your experiences!