Review Highlights
Best trip ever!!!

Captain Paul was amazing! We saw more whales than we could count!! Otters,puffins,took us out to a... read more

Reviewed September 23, 2018
skippy710
Homer, Louisiana
via mobile
Family favorite

Even with "less than ideal" weather during our August tour, this was the favorite shore excursion... read more

Reviewed September 14, 2018
Erika P

All reviews captain paul lazaria island sea otters wildlife tour paul's tour smaller boat his enthusiasm sitka sound amazing wildlife tufted puffins exotic birds whale watching grey whales cruise ship great with kids great personality wonderful guide
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Marine adventure tour
that takes you close to all the sea life visible that day. When the whales eluded us, genial captain Paul gauged the sea conditions vs. the temperament of us 6 passengers and took us an hour offshore to an eroded volcanic island with great bird life. We saw flocks of puffins with orange beaks and feet and floated our way inside a cormorant cave, unusual in a bobbing boat. The island’s weathered rocks and wind-bowed dwarfed trees fading into the mists were so beautiful! Our guide also brought us close enough to kelp patches around surf-covered rocks to watch through binoculars as mother sea otters floated their babies nestled into their furry bellies. We enjoyed our knowledgeable host’s flexible approach to this tour - great fun!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank begnrmind2017
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely the best way to get up close to the whales around Sitka. Paul Davis is an awesome captain and we were spotting whales before we left the harbor. I never dreamed we would be able to be so close to the whales! The boat is small & the whales are Huge! Do Not waste your money with a bigger tour group. This boat will take you so many places the bigger boats don’t go. For me the best part was a trip out to Saint Lazaria National Wildlife Refuge. This is an island about 10 miles out from Sitka and is probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It looks like something you see in the South Pacific. Gorgeous landscape that you can only view from a boat. No one is allowed onto the island. Paul is an expert boatsman and maneuvered the boat up close for a look at all the spectacular colors of the sea star and other marine life that cling to the cliffs. I will admit I did get a little sea sick (Heck I get sea sick on a swing :( ). And honestly this experience was so awesome I’d do it again!

13  Thank Sweetie1953
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We spent the day whale watching with Gallant Adventures. To say it was amazing is an understatement! Paul, the Captain, knew exactly where to take us to see the most amazing sea and wildlife!! My son, who is 5, spent nearly the entire time with Paul chatting his ear off, asking a million questions and Paul was so incredibly patient and kind with him! He deserves extra stars for dealing with a very energetic, talkative kid! Ha! There were 6 of us ranging from 70’s down to 5 and each one of us had the best time! HIGHLY recommend using Gallant for your sea tours!!

Date of experience: July 2018
11  Thank Lesley A
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I have fantastic photos but the ones posted are accurate and even more fantastic. Paul, the owner/operator takes you out to paradise islands showing you up close & personal Alaska wildlife. I highly recommend this adventure.

12  Thank Gentle J
gallantadventures, Owner at Gallant Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thanks for the review! Sitka is, indeed, a natural paradise! I just have the Best Time taking people out to explore & experience the REAL Sitka! I’m glad that you had a good time on your trip and thank you very much for taking a moment to write me a review!

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Had an absolutely fabulous morning with Paul whale watching. We saw whales within the first 15 minutes of leaving the harbor. Paul was very kind and attentive to us and showed us so much including puffins, sea otters, sea lions, birds and the overall beauty around Sitka. We felt very safe and relaxed the whole tour. Highly recommend Gallant Adventures for your next trip to Beautiful Sitka, Alaska!

6  Thank Kathy S
gallantadventures, Owner at Gallant Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Hi Kathy!! Good to hear from you and thanks for taking a moment to write me a 5 Star review! I had a blast out with your family a couple of weeks ago. Sitka has been Whalemania as of late and, as you mentioned, there are even whales close to town. Sitka is just so beautiful and the area is so pristine and natural. I have such a good time taking people out to truly experience this amazing area every day. I’m glad you had such a good time and I hope to see you again sometime. Every day is totally different and you JUST NEVER KNOW what you might see while on a Gallant Adventure!