All reviews fishing trip fish processing halibut enthusiastic staff taking care king salmon hard working captain and deck hand side note rock fish great fishing my dad these guys the entire staff fishing boats full kitchen three days
Reviewed August 18, 2017

Met at airport early am by cheerful host Tamika holding sign with our names. Since we arrived early, Tamika suggested places to sight see and kindly drove us to a salmon run spot, raptor sanctuary, and totem park. Great day trip visiting beautiful mystic Sitka prior to excellent fishing with Captain Dillon and Deckhand Tommy. The all inclusive facilities, food, and service were first class and we look forward to returning to this very well run outfit by Theresa, funny eyes Johnny and their friendly team.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NoWorriesCalifornia
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

We stayed and fished with the Wild Strawberry Lodge for three days of fishing. The staff, captain, and first mate were first class. They treated us like one of the family. Teresa has things so organized, not a need went unfulfilled. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2017

My family sent my father to the Wild Strawberry to fish 2 years ago with my mom, who doesn't fish. The lodge took such good care of them both. They took my mom wherever she wanted to go and made sure she had great food even with her food allergies. My dad had the time of his life and "had" to go back. So this year, I went with him and we both fished.
The lodge is wonderful and truly take care of everything. The food is outstanding and plentiful, the rooms are comfortable, the staff is stellar and the location can't be beat. The fishing part of the operation is outstanding as well. Our captain, Dylan did all he could to find the fish and the deckhand, Tommy was busy taking care of all the fish we had flying into the boat. There were times both of them were running like crazy taking care of us all, but they handled it wonderfully and were a hoot to boot! For two days fishing, we had a total (for the two of us) of 123 lbs of salmon, halibut, rock fish and yellow eye. It was all filleted, packaged, frozen and checked in at the airport for us. The entire staff does a great job making sure the guests have everything they need and are happy as clams. My father has already booked again for next year. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2017

Friendly, helpful staff at the lodge and great boat crew made a for a very fun experience! They had everything we might need for a fishing vacation, from arrival to departure. The meals and snacks were excellent! And they did a superb job filleting the fish, so many beautiful fillets in my freezer right now!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

It doesn't get any better! A reunion of friends awarded by an outstanding experience. Yes, we caught a ton of fish...thanks to our great skipper Greg and deckhand Brian...but that is only part of this trip. This is without doubt one of the best run lodges. Theresa and Johnny have assembled and trained an incredible group of young, talented, enthusiastic staff. From the deckhands to the lodge staff, cooks, processors, captains this is a group with no flaws. The food was fantastic. The smiles made my 4AM wake up call actually enjoyable. The hustle on our boat to untangle my messed up casts and land our catch was a joy! Will we return?....no question! Thanks to Wild Strawberry for an experience well beyond our expectations!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
alaskapremier, Owner at Wild Strawberry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Greetings! Thank you for your recent review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your fishing vacation and the staff so very much! It is our pleasure to provide the best fishing vacations we can for our guests each season. Enjoy eating many delicious seafood meals and there are some excellent seafood recipes in the cookbook that we hope will give you some new ideas on ways to prepare your fish catch :) We will look forward to your return again with your family and friends in the near future. Best Regards - Theresa