“Wonderful place”
Review of Naomi's Inn

Naomi's Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was in Springfield for business, and needed a break from the standard chain hotels. Naomi's was a wonderful reprieve. I stayed in the British suite, but had a chance to look at the other suites while I was there. They all looked very nice, good-sized, and I would have been happy with any of them. This was a wonderful place to stay, very cozy, homey, warm, comfortable. I have traveled to Springfield for business for over 10 years, and have never, ever been as happy with the accommodations as I was with Naomi's. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed here for the Big E with my husband, my two-year old daughter and my 3 month old son. My parents also came along. The first day was raining and we back to the place completely drenched. We decided to do take out since it would be impossible to take the kids out on a Friday night. Marci, the owner, was very sweet and accommodating. She basically let us have run of the kitchen to grab whatever plates and such that we needed. I asked her where the liquor store was so that I could run out and grab a bottle of wine to share with my husband. Instead of having us go out for it, she presented us a bottle that she had.

The room was very nice and the beds were super comfy. We stayed in the downstairs suite and we had plenty of room for the four of us. Plus, my husband and I were able to hang out in the kitchen and still be able hear our babies after we put them to bed. We'll definitely stay here again next time we go to the Big E.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2011

With slim pickings in the Springfield area, Naomi's was a bright spot. We thoroughly enjoyed our "girls" weekend here. There were 3 of us and Naomi's larger rooms accommodated us nicely. The breakfast was delicious and the locations perfect for our trek to the Gem & Mineral Show at the Eastern States Exposition Center. Highly recommend this "easy on/easy off" location too.

But the real "gem" was the owner and the information she provided about nearby day trips to places like Shelbourne Falls, and wonderful dining recommendations in the area. We would return to Naomi's in a minute.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at Naomi’s Inn for 5 nights while in Springfield visiting family. If you are familiar with Springfield (or not) Naomi’s Inn is a very convenient place to stay to get around (or out) of town. I chose Naomi’s Inn based off the reviews and knowing the Springfield area. There aren’t many good places to stay. The other two decent hotels are downtown and are ridiculously expensive. So Naomi’s was a good choice. Our room was a decent size, comfortable bed, and clean. We were able to look at two other rooms while staying at the Inn. The other two rooms were very large. One room had a queen size bed, two twin beds, and private bathroom. The other room had a queen size bed, a separate sitting area, and private bathroom. Our room was on the first floor. It had a queen size bed, one twin bed, and a private bathroom. The rooms have regular TV’s not flat screens (at least our room didn’t have a flat screen) and cable. I do not remember if there were DVD players in the other rooms we looked at but there was not a DVD player in our room (as far I as I can remember). The rooms did have small refrigerators. Overall, Marcie and Bob were very nice. All that I can say from staying at other B&B’s is that the breakfast at Naomi’s is far from any breakfast we have had. It isn’t up to par. Just expect to go there for a warm, comfortable, convenient, clean, welcoming place to stay and not for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank geronurse
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed for one night. We arrived very early in the day (11:00) to see if it was possible to dump our stuff (we had a car-ful from a week's trip to the mountains) and get on with the day's activities. Marci warmly welcomed us, offered coffee cake and beverage and a seat in the A/C, then asked if we could give her an hour to get the room ready. She went out of her way to accommodate our unusually early arrival after feeding 20+ guests that morning (wow). We felt awful about arriving early, but Marci didn't miss a beat, in spite of her heavy workload that day. She's very gracious.

Although we were not given the room we booked, no complaints. We had a king size bed with memory foam (one of those expensive mattresses) and a really nice bathroom -- extra deep spa soaking tub, high end shower fixture, nice tiling and sink...heaven. Flat screen TV on wall, fridge and coffeemaker in room. The room also had an extra twin size bed. The room was pretty tight, but Marci set up a nice little sitting area with sofa, table and lamps in the alcove outside the room for our exclusive use. Although the room lacked a bit in decor, it more than made up for it in amenities. Very comfortable.

Breakfast was good. Scrambled eggs with juice, coffee/tea, muffins, fruit and yogurt. It was obvious that this place has repeat customers based on the familiarity we observed.

This place accommodates singles, couples and families comfortably. I peeked in one of the downstairs rooms that was open...it was HUGE and had at least 3 beds and a separate living room space. There is also a large outdoor deck with umbrella'd tables for guests, as well as the indoor dining area.

The location is good -- on a quiet, treed street right across the street from the hospital and also near major highways. If you want good pizza, salads, sandwiches or giant, juicy wings, order easy delivery from Dana Park Pizza which is right down the road ---

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I found Naomi's Inn online and hoped it would be comfortable for me and my husband and especially my 85-year-old Dad. Marci assured me she had a perfect room on the first floor for Dad while we stayed upstairs. We all had a great experience. Bob was gracious and friendly, which was great for Dad who loves to visit with people. Marci is a jewel and could not have been more hospitable. She recommended a perfect place for dinner where the German food was superb and the accordian player a hoot! The Inn is beautifully appointed, clean, comfortable, and great home away from home. Thank you, Marci; I hope to be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Marcy has put a lot of thought and care into the renovation of this Victorian home and all the little details are evident. The room we had was very comfortable with a queen bed and a twin bed (which we didn't have a use for, but would be great traveling with a child). There was a nice sitting area in the room, as well, and outside there's a common-area deck. Breakfast was plentiful. We had a bit of trouble with the TV, but she came and helped us right away, even though it was later in the evening. If you want quieter, I'd recommend a second floor room. We were on the first floor and the family staying above us must've had small children as we heard lots of running around and voices. All in all, a nice experience though.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
1.7 km away
3.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
3.3 km away
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Naomi's Inn? Share your experiences!