Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Econo Lodge(Scranton)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsmontage mountainski slopesroom was cleanlong driveparking lotthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againwaffleseasy accesshotel staffwe've stayedbusiness tripoff the highwayfront desk staffindoor poolhot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Our stay was for two nights. Just as we were leaving the room at 10:30 am after the first night a note was slipped under the door informing us our room would not be serviced that day. Apparently you have to leave the room before that time in order for the room to be serviced. The front desk should have advised us of this policy at check-in. Other than this annoyance the hotel was ok. Breakfast was excellent & location was convenient.

Room Tip: Check policy with front desk if you are staying for more than one day and want your room cleaned
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank tripjbm
HamptonScranton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2011

Hello tripjbm,

I apologize for the confusion during your stay, we do always service each guest room on a daily basis, we do not have a policy that states otherwise. Although I do not know the exact circumstances of your stay with us, if a guest does leave a do not disturb sign on their door we are unable to enter the room to provide service. The housekeeper may have sent the note under your door, which highlighted that if there was any service needed to please contact the front desk, so that she would be able to provide you what you did need on that day of your stay. I again apologize for any confusion and appreciate you taking the time to complete the review. We are glad to hear that other than the confusion, you did enjoy your stay with us, our location, and were able to enjoy the variety we have to offer in our On the House Hot breakfast! We hope to have you as our guest again the near future!

Reviewed 10 November 2011

I am usually very happy with Hampton Inns. However the Hampton Inn at Montage Ski Area was not as clean as others. I was very disappointed. The pool area was also not as clean as I would have liked.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret B

Hello grandmamarg,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I apologize that you felt our property was not cleanly during your recent stay, we have always received such good compliments on our cleanliness and pride ourselves on that. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review, and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future, as your experience is out of the normal for us.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Another great stay. We stopped here on our way to NYC. The hotel is very clean and breakfast was great. I could go for a sausage pattie and biscuits and gravy right now. My wife --not so much. She goes more for cereals and fruit. They have it all. Scranton was much nicer than we expected. The only issue was the entrance as we came off the highway at night and saw a sign indicating to turn left into hotel. It's really the second left as the first is the on-ramp to the highway from where we came. We did a quick loop at the next exit and headed back again. Maybe the entrance should be marked better. Only only minor complaint. Great stay.

2  Thank Moneyman10

Hello Moneyman10,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, it truly means alot to us! Thank you for your compliments on our cleanliness, as we do pride ourselves on that. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the variety of our On the House Hot Breakfast and that the Scranton area was enjoyable for you during your stay!! We thank you again for taking the time to write this review, and we hope to have you stay with us again in the near future!!

Reviewed 30 October 2011

Slightly oddball place to stay, Scranton, we thought but wanted to nip into LL Bean in Allentown on way back to JFK so Scranton, backed up by the Trip A reviews and with Billy Joel reverberating in my ears, fitted the bill.

Very friendly receptionist Rachel checked us in - swapping two pre-booked rooms on differing floors to a pair next door to each other proactively without us saying a word. Then proceeded to remind us that they had been looking after a large package for us for over a week. We had had a large dog bed 'shipped to our US address' which was the Hampton, Scranton and they had made no fuss at all - just were curious to know what was inside as it was a couple of feet cubed! - (well done BA on the way home!).

Again, a clean comfortable stay. Good recommendations for local restaurants - most in or around the surrounding malls - but such is the US unless you stay in or near a character town. We ate in a good but small-chain steak restaurant about 5 minutes away.

Good clean pool and hot-tub. The gym too looked clean and well equipped but I had already had a work-out driving over the Catskills jousting with (very early) late October snow and after that swim was ready only to exercise my jaw on a rare 12oz USDA New York Strip with a Caesar salad, fries and a Sam Adams!

I suppose we have a slight issue with the 'free' Hampton breakfasts having experienced a few now. Not with the food at all but just the amount of throw-away flatware and packaging. After a reasonable breakfast for four our table is knee-deep in (land-fill?) plastic. Plates, bowls, cups, knives, forks, spoons, butter, cheese, jam pots and paper napkins are all heaved in the bin. Slightly contrasts with the green 're-use of towel' policy. Difficult to cure I suppose but grates with us who re-cycle teabags and loo rolls!

Apart from that minor gripe we will use Hampton Inns again when it suits us on our next US 'road trip'.

2  Thank CurtisG

Hello CurtisG ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, after you recent stay with us! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words about our Front Desk Agent, Rachel, we will certainly pass the compliment on to her!

I know you had mentioned some concerns on the amount of throw away plates, bowls, silverware, etc. I am pleased to tell you that our plates are actually enviroware and biodegradable, our bowls are tater ware and also biodegradable, our silverware (forks, spoons, and knives) are also all enviroware and biodegradable, this is a Hampton Standard that we are very proud to follow. I hope this information will help eliminate the concerns you had with our breakfast and we hope to have you as our guest again in the near future!

Thank you again for taking the time to submit this review!

Reviewed 28 October 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in October. There's not much exceptional to report about the property. Consistent with all of my experiences with the brand, the service is friendly and the quality of the hotel is average. I can't say that the value was great because the room was $152 and for a Hampton Inn in Scranton, I expected a lower price. As a point of comparison, I stayed at an upscale hotel in the center of Dallas the week before for $175 a night...and Scranton is certainly no Dallas.

Hello AndWhere2Next,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel service to be friendly! I apologize that you don't feel the value of our hotel matched the room rate, I assure you our rates are competitive with the area hotels surrounding our location. Thank you again and we would love to have you as our guest in the future!