Comfort Suites
Econo Lodge(Scranton)
US$46
TripAdvisor
US$93
All reviewsfront deskyogurtmontage mountainoff the highwaysofa bednew englandbedroom suitethe breakfast areacheck in was quickski tripfree breakfastindoor poolstaying at this hotelgreat roomone night stayscranton areajan
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We won a basket at a raffle for a friend with cancer, and we won a night here and a movie at Cinemark. Even though we only live 5 miles away, sometimes it is nice to get out of the house.

We had a jacuzzi suite, we had no complaints at all. Everything was clean and everything worked well. The check in girl was very nice. If I was from out of town and needed to find a hotel, I would check this place out!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dan E, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your compliments.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times as I have an office in Scranton that I have to visit regularly. I have tried staying at hotels closer to my office, including the Hilton and Radisson located in downtown and the nearby Clarion. I think the Comfort Suites is worth driving the extra few miles.

The hotel is located just off I-81 and is right by some of the area ski resorts. I was not bothered by traffic noise as the hotel is well built to keep out noise and is shielded from headlights with a line of trees.

The rooms seem relatively clean and well-kept. They have new flat screen TVs, which I appreciate. There is also free WiFi, which I consider a necessity. They also provide a microwave and mini-fridge in the room. Unlike the downtown hotels, they don't charge extra for parking. The staff often seems a little busy and overworked, but usually gets me to my room quickly.

I can't say I have used the pool or fitness center. If you are looking for a restaurant, there is nothing much withing walking distance, so expect to have to drive elsewhere.

Breakfast is nothing exciting: eggs, sausage, a few types of cold serial, etc. It is all self serve. Fine for my needs.

The hotel often seems to get sold out. If you want to stay, be sure to book in advance. You can also get better online deals for pricing that way. Personally, I think the hotel is a little pricey for the area, but generally a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelling_Guru_Guy
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed at Comfort Suites in Scranton, PA. It is very close to shopping center, ski area and right next to RT I-81. The rooms were clean and the rooms quiet. Hotel staff was extremely nice and very willing to help. I would highly recommend this place to everyone! The pool is heated and well maintained. It's a nice place to stay. Free breakfast and cookies in the evening too.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank CellTick
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Recently stayed at this property, what a mistake the room was dirty, the breakfast buffet was a joke, Definitely not worth the money. The bed spreads were stained, the bathroom was horrible, the calking around the tub was missing. the hallways looked like they were not vacumed for a week, an all around mess. The front desk clerk could not care less about the situation, a woman who was at the desk who I could only guess was the Manager was going on like a raving maniac, very unprofessional.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike R
Reviewed September 12, 2011

this was the worst Comfort Suites we've ever stayed in. And we've been regulars at Choice Privlidges for a good many years. We have an "elite" status card.
We had a "suite" with 2 Queen beds. Good thing too because one of the beds had a big blood stain on the mattress cover. (You could see it right through the sheet. It was located where someone's bottom would be if sitting up in bed.)
It was late and we were too tired to change rooms or wait for someone to come up and change the cover. Both slept in the other bed.
Told them at the front desk the next morning and no one seemed too interested. Got a shrug of the shoulders and a "sorry".
The breakfast buffet was a disaster. No one tending it. Out of coffee, and milk. The pastry selection was down to a couple of muffins and waffles. No fruit desplayed. Some scrambled eggs that looked like they'd been there awhile and sauceages gone. Told them at the desk. They sent some young man that looked like he was the maintainence man to help. Of course he didn't know where anything was in the back room. He grabbed a bowl of breakfast sauseages and stuck them in the micro oven. God knows how long they had been sitting around. The women at the desk didn't offer any help and she had no one checking out to take care of.
We'll chaulk this up to an other Choice Privlidge experience that went bad. The last one was at the Comfort Inn at the Redwood Forest in CA. Plus we paid $116.00 for the stay. Way too much. It had a 4 star price with 2 star accomodations.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple