“Worst ever...”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed 1 October 2011

For a 5 1/2 hour drive, you expect to be comfortable once you check in a hotel. Unfortunately that's not the case. Prior to entering their office, I saw 5 guys loitering around hotel, smoking and looking at me in a weird way. The receptionist was nice and gave the keys to my room. As I enter my room, the smell was funky. The bedroom is disgusting. The beddings are filthy, it seems that they did not change it for months. ( the white color of linen is now brown). The bolt lock was also busted. Disappointed, I seek out the receptionist for a new bed sheet set but he only gave a sheet and told me that they are still washing it. Thinking of my safety, comfort and peace of mind I decided to check out immediately and transfer to another hotel . For 50 bucks it is not even worth it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank mini_me2011

Reviewed 28 September 2011

We had an amazing time visiting the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica with Ryan, our tour guide from Presto Tours. Originally from the United States, Ryan offered in depth knowledge of the the art and architecture of the sites, with witty and humorous commentary. As was our experience with all Presto Tours, the guides were exceptional.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

we had to stay here because of flood the staff was a big help if you need a cheap place of 81 then here you go rooms ok for the price it is what it is cheap price but not so bad you want to leave not the cleanest not the dirtyest but for 50 or 55 ok quite location would i go back yes next flood im there hope thats never happens but all in all ok and yes to pets

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2011

stayed at the hotel at the last minute call night before twice to make sure to let them know we were suppose to arrive between 2-4am just wanted a bed to crash before we headed at Atlantic city, they said "not a problem" until i got there we madegood time and arrived at 1:30 am.

as we walk to the door the night manager was locking all doors would not look at us i knocked on the window he asked me "what!!!" i said i have a reservation he said " your to late" WHAT i was trying to tell him i had called twice the night before, until i said I'm calling head quarters 24 hour number!!!!! that's when he finally let only me in would not let my friend in told her to say outside in the cold, took him 30 mins to give me keys i was the only person there,

beds were o.k comfy room was cleaned but rest of hotel run down but for 50 bucks can't complain, but with the rudeness of the night manager sorry to say but i do not like to threaten anybody to get what i paid for...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2011

First off, you're paying $50 for the night. You certainly get what you pay for. It wasn't a BAD hotel experience, as we knew what to expect. If you're in town for a concert or whatever, where you won't be in your room much, it's not a bad gig. Room itself was clean, but the bathroom wasn't the cleanest. Ammenities worked ok, but not outstanding. Shower didn't get real hot, but it was warm enough. Coffee maker didn't work.

Bottom line : It's not a great hotel by any means, but for $50, what do you expect? I would still give it a thumbs up under the right circumstances.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank ncm7772
Reviewed 26 June 2011

my first stay at an econo lodge. I was very impressed. the rate was very inexpensive, and the staff was friendly and professional. i got my truly non-smoking room. internet power was excellent, and room was new. cant beat it for the price, got the travel center coupon. awesome deal.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Pros:
Cheap: $55+tax.
Relatively close to a big shopping center (a big movie theater, restaurants, target...)

Cons:
Breakfast ends at 9pm :(
No refrigerator.
Can hear coughs and TV noise from other rooms.

The sign of the hotel is next to a big road, but you have to drive for a while to reach the hotel from the sign.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pixie_PA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
12 km away
11.5 km away
Econo Lodge Clarks Summit
Econo Lodge Clarks Summit
#4 of 6 in Clarks Summit

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!