“Understaffed”

Dairy Queen
Ranked #17 of 19 Dessert in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 June 2015

The food was good, but it took forever to receive it. It was unfortunate that there was only one person working the register. She attempted to take orders, deliver orders, and keep the front counter moving smoothly. Management needs to commend that young girl for being a mover and a shaker...but it did nothing to impress this customer overall.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I love DQ... even a nasty DQ will get a 3... that being said, I want to make sure proper credit is given to this particular location. This is the cleanest fast food style restaurant I've ever visited. The food we got was excellent and the service was top notch. Every employee was smiling and the whole place felt happy! I will return here again on my next drive through Tennessee without a doubt!!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stopped in for lunch recently and was genuinely pleased. There is a 98 health rating, clean restrooms, easy access, a very nice-covered-drive-thru, and plenty of parking and it is level, easy walking. There are comfy booths as well as tables and chairs and an outdoor patio area for dining. You could easily have a ball team or family party there and the music is not offensive. I was greeted by a friendly server who gave me suggestions when I asked and pointed out the $5.00 meal which is a great value. She politely asked me to be seated while my food was cooked, explaining that they do not cook it until you order it. I found a nice seat and my food was delivered to my table when it was done. It was not gourmet food, of course, it was a hamburger! deluxe, fresh and hand made which I really enjoyed. For the money, I got a burger, fries, a fountain drink with unlimited refills and a sundae. Are you kidding? for $5.00?
While waiting, I checked out the restroom which was very clean and the freezer cases near the front. There are loads of ice cream treats made up and ready to take home and some lovely cakes for special occasions. Smoothies with only 170 calories, lemonades of different flavors and several kinds of soft drinks are on the menu-even my favorite- Dr. Pepper.
This restaurant has a down home earthy feel that I like. I would be totally comfortable bringing any group here. It is a pleasure to find some place that hasn't been remodeled to death and turned into something that no longer fits it's neighborhood. I hope Dairy Queen sticks around for a long, long time.
It is located across the street from Middle TN Christian School and not far fro the Murfreesboro airport and Sports Complex. If you are ever at the Alvin York VA hospital or offices you are near