“BBQ BEST”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

I can certainly understand why there is a line to get into this establishment. Great ribs, wings and brisket. No fluff here, just great food - and lots of napkins.

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

On the way back to Missouri to attend my lovely wife's 49 high school reunion, we stopped here for lunch before heading to my sister in laws for the night.
Who does not like bbq? With a name like slick pig it must be good. It was lunch time the place was very busy. We took a quick look at a very large menu made our decision. Pork plates with potato salad, baked beans and the best fried okra we have ever eaten. The meat was pulled and cleaned well. No fat, and a good size portion. Good baked beans and spud salad. Good staff, clean place, no room for dessert, sorry to say. I little off the beaten path, 5 minutes from I 24. Well worth the little extra drive, you need to try this place, I feel that you will like it.

1  Thank backhoe409
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

We came here due to the TA reviews, and were pleased overall.
The facility is older, worn and semi ok maintained. (The restrooms are cramped and could use some serious cleansing.)
The food is very good to excellent; and demonstrated by the continuous long line of customers throughout the time we were eating, an apparent hit with the locals.
The smoked wings, though a bit dry to my taste, were highly praised and enjoyed by my wife.
The ribs, though also a bit dry in places, were overall tender and tasty. The BBQ sauce on the table was quite runny, but did have a good flavor.
The sides varied in quality. The mac & cheese was fair, the coleslaw and baked beans very good, and the potato salad excellent. The cornbread was okay, though we're not particular fans of the pancake style offering.
The prices are reasonable for the quality of food, and it's easy to see why this is a local favorite. One can have a decent meal of tasty comfort food at a decent price.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

This is one of favorite stops when we need to grab something tasty to take to an event. Smoked Wings are always a hit and we never take home leftovers!

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I'm a huge fan of good BBQ. Anytime I go somewhere new and see a BBQ place with a good rating, I have to give it a shot. I had the brisket plate with okra and Mac and cheese. Honestly, I thought the brisket was really quit dry and the mac and cheese was like it was made with cheese wiz. The okra was outstanding fresh and cooked to perfection. I'll give it another shot sometime. Maybe it was just a bad day.