“Disgusting ”

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #324 of 486 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Steak 'n Shake, a classic American brand, was founded in 1934 in Normal, Illinois by Gus Belt who pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milkshakes. For over 80 years, the company's name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word "steak" stood for steakburger. The term "shake" stood for hand-dipped milkshakes. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business. Today, Steak 'n Shake remains the "better burger" leader, serving premium 100% beef steakburgers, hand-dipped milkshakes, thin crispy fries, and more. Steakburgers are made without preservatives or artificial ingredients, topped with fresh produce, and always hand-crafted to order. Other classics include the Frisco Melt, 7x7, Prime Steakburgers, and fan favorite M&M milkshakes.
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

The food is absolutely horrible. The tables, floors, and bath rooms are horrible the look like they haven’t been clean for years and we waited for one hour. Waited for a hour because the host was on brake

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Came through the drive through to get milkshakes currently waiting 30 plus minutes in the drive through. Ridiculous

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

The bathrooms are disgusting. The floors in the dining room are filthy. The service is slow, the waiter was almost condescending in his upfront apology about the wait. The dining room seemed moderately busy, but nothing that warranted a hour dining experience. The food was passable, but they shakes did not arrive to the table until after the food did. I highly enjoyed seeing our food sit in the window with the server standing more steps away for about 10 minutes. The most enjoyable part was finally being able to leave in which the server was prompt about giving us the bill.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Steak and Shake is usually very consistent, location to location. However, this one exceeded those expectations. This is the best one I have the eaten at in the state of Tennessee. Very tasty, and staff was very happy and accommodating. It was a great time and great food. Recommended.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Restaurant was very empty upon entering and we were seated quickly and told our server would be with us soon. I guess they forgot to tell her because I saw many employees doing task like carrying ice buckets, mopping the floor , standing around talking but no one to wait on us. Finally a very nice server comes out of the back and sees us and rushes over and apologized for our long wait. We order our food is brought out hot . Then we order milkshakes that took forever if a place says they specialize in shakes then they should have more than one shake machine and at least one person doing just shakes. It took so long I went to pay no one to pay. After several minutes the mgr comes up and ask who is next. I complain about the wait he gets smart I tell him I’m writing this review he says great maybe they will get me more help. Great way to end a meal. Not a place I would recommend for service but would for food.

Date of visit: June 2018