“Fresh chicken!”
Review of Deezie's

Deezie's
Ranked #75 of 472 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Food was fantastic the couple times I have been. The flavor is wonderful and delicious. My only suggestion would be to have a faster check out process as it took a while to order but it was well worth it! Will return soon and highly suggest for hot chicken.

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed the hot chicken at Deezie’s. I ordered it with a “Medium” spice level. It was spicy, but still full of flavor. The chicken tenders were also very tender and juicy. I also ordered a side of Mac n’ Cheese, which is was good as well. Indefinitely recommend the chicken though. I’m glad I went!

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Near lots of good shopping around the Avenue and just a few miles from MTSU, get some devilishly good wings, clean and with reasonable price and good service

Reviewed April 17, 2017

My wife and I were shopping in Murfreesboro this past weekend and it was a little past lunch time. You know the drill – “What do you want?” “Oh, I don’t know – what do you want?” “Whatever you want is fine.” “How about (fill in the blank)?” “Nah – doesn’t sound good.” “Well, how about (fill in the blank)?” “no, not feelin’ it.” You get the picture. I thought about trying Slim Chickens – then I remembered Deezie’s Hot Chicken was just across the street. To my surprise, she agreed! Now she doesn’t do hot chicken, but she likes fried chicken.

Again, it is a little past lunchtime so the crowd is down – only one person in front of us and one table of people that had not gotten their food as yet. I go with the hot, next level down from their hottest – wife gets the mild – we share an order of fries. Two breast quarters and a single order of fries with water to drink is $16. They are actually a little more than Prince’s which so far is my fav, but not by much. Their fries were a little more than Princes, but they were a little better – not fresh cut, but better.

I should have gone with the extra hot – and the fish. Tiny, tiny breast quarter – over cooked – hence dry. The heat level was OK, but again, I could have stepped it up a bit. After reading other reviews, the fish is the way to go. Granted they have some good deals in regards to their chicken fingers (do chickens have fingers?), but usually this means half chicken and half breading – so we passed. It comes on your standard piece of white bread which has become a “hot chicken” standard – although most places give you two slices. It seemed a little greasy, but I pretty much sucked the bones to get my money’s worth. My wife could not finish her quarter due to the fact she was full – and it was dry. You know – if something is spot on you WILL finish it because it tastes so good! Not the case – did I finish it? Oh, yeah!

Something worthy to mention – my (our) and other customers feet were sticking to the floor…yeah…this place needs a good cleaning. Lots of dirt on the table legs. If I had to have wait an extreme amount of time for this meal – this would have been a much lower review. We were full – satisfied? – not so much. If you need a hot chicken fix – head to Prince’s on Nolensville Road close to OHB…

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Deezie's has good hot chicken -- our favorites are the chicken strips (grilled!) with the cajun or the medium spice. Their waffles are really good as well. But what's great it their giant hot fish sandwich. Huge serving - and the spice is perfect. (love the medium or the hot on this one!). Delish!