“Pleasant surprise”

Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: El Capitan is a family friendly local hangout for Flagstaff and tourists. We specialize in fresh ingredients only. We have a delicious salsa bar with 5 salsas to choose from made daily! We specialize in TACOS... We have hard, soft or our choice "dorado style". We serve tacos with chicken, shredded beef, pork, fish, shrimp or bean. We specialize in Margaritas! We have our famous "Lily" which is not on our menus. You must ask for this margarita. You are only allowed 2 max! Our happy hour is the best in Flagstaff. Served Tues-Friday. We have a separate food menu for the happy hour as well. Come visit us.. We know that you will not be disappointed. We are closed Mondays from Nov-March.
Reviewed November 21, 2017

As it was close to the hotel and rated well, we decided to give an independently owned business a try. originally seated in a booth, we got re-seated closer to the bar as the bench seats were not comfortable. Good blind move. We ended up having a great talk with an adjacent table of 6 regulars, got menu and drink tips and had a great experience. Got intro'd to the owner, who became very interested in how TripAdvisor steered us there in the first place. Food was very good and service was cheery and personable. Great night out.

1  Thank Brian A

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Food was sloppy and not inspiring to behold. Rice serving was very small and for the price I thought the food quantity and quality poor. Service was acceptable.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

it has been a few years since we had been here to eat. We were expecting the same food dishes and were surprised to find it was changed. Food was not to par and we will not be back. It was very expensive for Mexican food. Flagstaff has many choices for Mexican food but this is not one of them. Go Taco Bell, it will be better and cheaper. Service was good since we were the only ones in the restaurant, that should have given me a hint!!!!

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

I had the dish with 3 tacos (beef, chicken and pork), my friends had the porto bello spinach enchilada.

Service was good, the food unfortunately wasn't.

I myself had an averave meal: 3 tacos with somewhat dry meat with what appeared to be a mush of beans.

My 2 friends had the enchilada, which was covered in a red sauce that had a weird taste to it, they didn't finish it.

I am no food critic but i highly doubt everything was fresh.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

This was an OK place to eat. Not amazing but decent. Food was a little pricey for what you got. Very cute and staff was very accommodating.

Been to El Capitan Fresh Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!