“They lie about the rates!!!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knights Inn Flagstaff

Knights Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #54 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“They lie about the rates!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

When we called to book the room for 3 adults and 2 children we were specific about how much it would be for 2 nights - we were very clear that we wanted the rate for 2 nights and we were given a quote and reserved the room. Upon arrival we come to find out the rate we were quoted was for one night and we couldn't cancel the reservation.
I was furious we were lied to and all the management had to say was "oh well". I will enjoy many trips to Flagstaff but I will never, NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Hawkface453

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Surprise, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

I made reservations to return in September for Family weekend in September upon checkout from our nights in June for Freshman orientation in June 2011. Stopped back in on August 24 2011 to verify and check the reservations for the 3 rooms, all was good. Returned on September 23 to check in. What reservation, we have nothing in your name. This was the same person that verified the reservation in August. Told they had no rooms at the reservation rate I was given in June and that they would have never booked rooms on such a busy weekend for that discounted rate. I was welcome to pay the higher premium for one night, two rooms one queen bed each $89.99 when I had reserved 3 rooms with two queen beds at $59.99. Very rude, was obvious what they had done. No customer service what so ever...... Dont make the same mistake I did, I would never stay here again nor would I reccomend anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We met up with friends that were passing through Flagstaff for a quick weekend. Being high tourist season finding a place was a bit slim. Decided on the Knights Inn because of te location and the photos posted by the property owners, and booked on line. Location was great, within walking of downtown. However, we should have slept in the car.
Went to check in at 12 noon, which the site says is check-in time. Told to come back at 3 o'clock. When we asked for a non-smoking room, the manager/desk 'receptionist' replied, "Not for that price". Checked in at 3 o'clock, and it was NASTY. One lightbulb in the whole place other then the bathroom, two outlets with everything plugged into them (bulbless lamps, clock, tv).
Since it was only one night we decided to suck it up. If you like to sleep comfortably on a good mattress with decent blankets and sheets, sleep in your car instead - will have a better sleep! Also, on line amenities include a fridge and microwave, which don't exist "for that price". Luckily there were no bugs...they found better places to be.

Room Tip: Keep going past this place.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nemoandchina
Heerlen, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Although this is one of the cheapest hotels in the Flagstaff neighbourhood it's rather bad for the price. At first site it looks OK, but after some time you will notice that everything is broken (tv, light switches, shower, locks) and it's not clean at all. The breakfast is nothing...
When the hotel management would spent a week to fix everything and to clean the rooms thoroughly it would be a rather good hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

Where do I begin! There was... No soap in shower (1 bar only at sink), No shower mat (had to use a towel), No extra roll of toilet paper, TV Remote didn't work, No phone, No hangers, No hair dryer, Bedspread had many different human hairs on the underside. There definition of "Complimentary Breakfast" is very deceiving. It consisted of mini-doughnuts, muffins (size of cupcakes), and orange juice, coffee & tea. After our party (all paying guests of the hotel) put what they possibly could on their 4 in. round plate (I had 1 muffin and 2 mini-doughnuts), the staff proceeded in removing the doughnuts from the lobby (where apparently they scrutinize your "breakfast" selection) and then attempted to ask additional payment for my friend's son because he was over 18 (a college student). Their hotel advertisement is VERY deceiving. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

I don't know why this place has got so many bad reviews. The location is perfect, the rooms are clean, and it's not too noisy.
The rooms are very small, and the décor is a bit dated but what do people expect for that price? If you're on a family vacation and plan on spending a few nights, and want some frills this is not the place for you. If you're in flagstaff with friends or a couple going out on the town this is perfect. Its cheap, close to the bars, and it's just a clean quiet place to get some sleep for a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I booked with Exedia on a "unpublished name" rate and SO wish I hadn't....I did check Trip Advisor after the name of the hotel was revealed but it was too late. Even though i had put three people on my search criteria on Expedia, they had me booked into a single queen room that would not fit our party. I tried to work with them and take a rollaway bed, but they said it wouldn't fit into the room. I said I would just take a refund but they would only refund the one night. I sat on there dirty couch for about an hour on the phone with Expedia, who did finally refund my reservation, but nothing can get back the nasty experience or the high price I had pay for another room on a busy weekend. Pass this place up..!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family