4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Residence InnUS$229
PricelineUS$229
Expedia.comUS$229
Hotels.comUS$229
eDreamsUS$229
Agoda.comUS$229
All reviews dark sky great location convenient downtown location parking lot across the street corner suite stove top front desk full kitchen grand canyon self service laundry free breakfast large fridge lower floor restaurants and shops kitchen area the usual amenities modern hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2021 via mobile

Let me just say, I loved everything about this hotel. It is conveniently located to just about everything. The dark haired girl that worked at the front desk was so pleasant. I was pleasantly surprised that they honored my Titanium member room upgrade, as that is truly the best perk, and doesn’t always get honored. The room was spotless, breakfast was supplied with gloves and masks, respecting us Covid fear mongers, pool was warm and area was clean. The outside of the hotel is attractive and different than most residence Inns.

I would have rated this a 4-5, until the drill Sargent PJ came on shift at the front desk.
After a long day of traveling, the kids being restricted in the cars, and with Covid, don’t touch that , put your mask on, let me sanitize your hands, etc etc. we finally got settled in our rooms and let them run around a bit. It was about 9:39p we got a call from PJ, that there was a noise complaint. Honestly, they were bouncing a small ball and figured we would have to shut that down soon anyways, so we did. Decided to get ready for bed, and was showering our toddler, who hates showers and started crying. So about 10:05p, again another call from PJ. We stated that we stopped them from playing and wasn’t quite sure how she wanted us to immediately stop the crying, since she hated getting showers. Maybe she would have been happy if I had suggested borrowing one of the dog owners muzzles?? (Clearly, I am being sarcastic) Probably judgmental on my part, but I would guess that she didn’t have children. Any good parent knows when kids are tired and trying to get them showered, it can be trying, and there’s nothing you can do but to hurry the process up. However, I decided it might be best to talk in person. I asked if there was a quiet time policy in place, and she stated that she tried to get managers to put one in place but nothing so far, but felt it was more of a courtesy. Honestly I didn’t think 10:00p was too bad and thought 11pm was a good compromise. I even explained to her as a Titanium member, I have stayed in a lot of hotels, some noisier than others. Several times sports teams and their families would come in, take over the lobby, pool area and let their kids run up and down the halls, and use up the elevators, and only once did I complain, only after they complained about my loud tv trying to drown them out. If you want total quiet, I wouldn’t certainly expect it at a hotel.
Long story short, hotel is great, but I didn’t appreciate how PJ handled what she defined as a courtesy. Felt like courtesy was extended to one guest only and that didn’t include me. Needless to say, after 1030p, not a creature was stirring, except maybe for a mouse. You be the judge on PJ, staying at this hotel she could be your best friend or your biggest pain in the butt, at this hotel, especially if you are visiting some of the nearby breweries.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank EL646
Jess-Ric Maiava, Other at Residence Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2021

EL646,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Flagstaff and for taking the time to complete our guest survey.

Creating a truly enjoyable stay for each and every one of our guests is our top priority, and we apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We have taken the time to speak with the associates and supervisor involved with your reservation to alleviate any issues such as this from occurring in the future.

It is our hotel policy to contact guests when we receive a noise complaint from a neighboring suite. We understand that multiple calls from a single associate can sometimes feel personal, but it is the front desk teams responsibility to follow-up with all noise complaints, especially if we receive multiple complaints from a single room. We understand that a long day of travel can add stress to the evening, and we do our best to accommodate those who need more time to settle in while also respecting those who are turning in for the night and attempting to get some rest. We do not have quiet hours in place and instead only reach out when a guests noise level is a disturbance to others.

We want every stay to be an enjoyable one, and we have applied 5,000 Bonvoy Bonus Points to your account as a courtesy for the inconvenience experienced.

We thank you again for your feedback and hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

All the best,

Jess-Ric Maiava
Assistant General Manager
Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Flagstaff - 2019 MSB Hotel of the Year

Reviewed December 30, 2020

We drove up from Phoenix to stay at this hotel for several days to get away from the 4 walls we've been surrounded by for months due to COVID.

The hotel is easy to find, centrally located (literally a block or two from restaurants and shopping). Parking was adequate and we never had a problem finding a place to park, even at odd hours.

The room we chose was a suite, so I'm not sure what the other rooms look like. However, our room had a spacious bedroom, bathroom, and living area with a full kitchen, stocked with plates, bowls, glassware, and cookware. Since we were trying to stay safe, we would pick up food curbside at local restaurants and eat in our hotel room. It worked out perfectly.

The staff greeted us warmly whenever we came into the lobby, which was awesome. Although they were all friendly and hospitable, I do need to point out a particular front desk employee, Jon Sealy. He was stocking the lobby market late in the evening while I was picking out a snack. We chatted and when he heard we were visiting the South Rim the next day, he gave me some excellent advice about what website to look at for traffic conditions and weather. Considering it snowed late that night, viewing that website the next morning saved us from a very long trip on slippery roads only to see nothing but clouds. We instead went elsewhere and had a blast. Kudos to him for helping us avoid a costly mistake. We owe him big time!

Had a great time there and wouldn't hesitate to visit them again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Alexi Hernandez, General Manager at Residence Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2020

Hello MichaeltC8794QC,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your first get away trip during these unusual times. We appreciate the honest and positive feedback and I am glad our team and hotel were able to deliver a great stay for you and your family. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Flagstaff!

Reviewed December 25, 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed our short stay here for the Holiday. Victor at the Front Desk was a warm welcome when it was 18 degrees outside. The room was clean and well appointed. Very good use of the space, see photos attached of room 215. Staff wore masks and observed Social Distancing guidelines. Sanitizer wipes were available in the guest room but was already super clean.

Some guest will complain about paying $9 for parking but if you’re trying to save a buck you should stay at one of the cheaper hotels in town anyways.

This hotel is one of the few that allow dogs and the $100 fee might put some off but it’s fair in my book.

The delicious breakfast “buffet” was well laid out and protocols were in place for health and safety. Guests are expected to put on the provided plastic gloves to enter and serve themselves while wearing a mask.

Just like anything else, protocols are only as good as the people who follow them.

Fortunately, most people actually read the signs and followed the guidelines. For those that don’t, there were plenty of guests around to point them out to staff who were very polite in their reminders and enforcement.

We enjoyed our time overall and will definitely be. Ack for a longer stay next time.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alexi Hernandez, General Manager at Residence Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2020

Hello AlfredoAndFam,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for providing your honest feedback! I am so happy to hear that Victor was able to start of your trip with a warm welcome and that you had an excellent experience throughout your entire stay. I also appreciate you acknowledging all our efforts to provide the best service and amenities while keep our guests' safety a top priority.

We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Flagstaff!

Reviewed December 18, 2020

The hotel is right in the middle of downtown Flagstaff. Steps to restaurants and shops. Close to Amtrak. The hotel was nonetheless quiet and I liked the room. The charge for overnight parking was a bit much.

Room tip: get a north-facing room for the view
1  Thank bbanks945
Alexi Hernandez, General Manager at Residence Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2020

Hello Bbanks945,

Thank you for your honest feedback about your recent stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed our proximity to restaurants and shops in the downtown area and that the rooms was to your satisfaction.

We hope you will stay with us on your next trip to Flagstaff,

Reviewed December 8, 2020

This is the third time staying at this hotel since Covid began. Reserved 2 rooms for 5 people as we were driving back to the east coast with an elder family member. First room seemed very clean. Second one was as well, however we found hair on the bathroom floor that was not ours. Furniture was nice, Lots of seating for 5 people to eat breakfast and dinner in the room. This time stayed on 4th floor which is great as this hotel is family and dog friendly. We've heard noise above us in the past. Friendly guest check in. Breakfast is now available. Two assistants making sure that people worse masks and used the gloves the hotel provided. Great location,

Room tip: Higher floors have a "view" and you won't hear anything above you.
1  Thank baybook
Alexi Hernandez, General Manager at Residence Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2020

Hello Baybook,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during these unusual times. I am glad to have you as a returning guest and I apologize for the findings in your bathroom. It is our mission to ensure all rooms are spotless, if this ever happens again please inform the front desk so we can resolve the issue for you right away. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to having you back on your next trip to Flagstaff.