Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$75
Agoda.comUS$75
TripadvisorUS$75
Lol.travel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

Clean, nice great neon signage for RT 66 travellers. Reasonable price, would have like the person who checked us in to have actually acknowledged us, but whatever. Would recommend it to anyone travelling the Mother road.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cd B, Manager at Western Hills Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2019

Hello SusanandJeff65
Thank you for taking time to leave a review.
I apologize for not acknowledging you when you checked in. I make it a point to greet all of our guests properly and make them feel welcome and I am very sorry that I failed to do so in your case.

Reviewed April 22, 2019

Don't bother staying at this hotel. The room was really small and the bathroom even smaller. I love older hotels but not this one. It has none of the amenities you normally find in a hotel (i.e. hair dryer, microwave or refrigerator). The bathroom's plug did not work and one of the light bulbs was burned out. The shower was tiny and designed for someone very, very short as the shower-head was at chest level. The room was extremely hot and the bed was uncomfortable. We were in a nonsmoking section of the hotel and woke up in the morning to the people in the next room smoking marijuana, which is illegal in this state. The room did not have enough outlets to charge cell phones or to plug in a hair dryer or curling iron. The trains ran continually all night long and since this hotel faces the train tracks, sleep is hard to get. My advice to anyone looking for a hotel in Flagstaff is keep looking.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Cd B, Guest Relations Manager at Western Hills Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Hello Eric, thank you for taking the time to review our motel. I wish you would have alerted us to the problems you had with the room on the night of your stay so we could have solved your problems or given you a refund so you could stay elsewhere. As to your problems... We do offer rooms with Microwave and refrigerator (just ask when booking your room) and Hair dryers are available at front desk, just ask and we will bring one too you and show you where to plug it in. The bathroom does have one outlet and it is on the vanity light fixture. It is for low power devices (like shavers) only and only works when the light is turned on. We are sorry that one of the bulbs was burned out in the bathroom, and also sorry that you didn't say anything at the time so we could replace it. As for outlets, since this is an old motel there are only two outlets in the bedroom area. We supplement this with a power strip with six additional outlets on top of the desk in the room. I would hope that is enough but I do not know how many phones you need to charge. We do not allow smoking in the rooms and some customers are very rude and ignore this policy, short of knocking on the door of every room and checking all night for smokers, I don't know what we could of done to prevent this. The train.... We have no control over the scheduling of the trains or of the noise they make, for this we apologize.

Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

I usually consult with TripAdvisor but this time I didn’t. It was actually the neon sign that pulled me in and after driving through the parking lot, it looked okay. Boy was I wrong. It was getting late in the day so I went in and got a room but was a bit surprised when the man quoted me about $72.00 with tax. Besides, he had the personality of a shovel. I checked into my room and was immediately turned off by the uncleanliness of the room. The room was small and the bathroom was original to 1950. I love older motels but this one wasn’t clean. I too had a feeling of uneasiness for my safety as I have since read in others reviews but attempted to brush it off.
After finally getting to sleep around 10:30 p.m., I was awakened by a truck that was started without any exhaust. It was LOUD! It was the piece of junk that was parked next to me outside my door. After some time, I eventually fell back asleep only to be awakened at 3:45 a.m. by a couple next door screaming at each other. One of them slammed the door and left. It got quiet again. Needless to say, at this point, I couldn’t get back to sleep.
I took a shower in the tiny little standup shower. None of it felt clean. Upon checkout, the woman at the desk said that the owner is absentee and admitted that the guest next to me had been staying there for several weeks.
Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. I wish I did.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The service is excellent! I stayed here with my husband, my toddler and my 4 month old baby. The train did not bother us at all and we were even given extra blankets wich was perfect for snuggling ! The room was spacious enough to entertain a toddler . The room was nice and warm and slept very well. Every time we come to flagstaff this is our place .

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Cd B, Manager at Western Hills Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Thank you. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2018

We were in Flagstaff for a fundraiser, and heard from friends that this is where they stayed last year. We were so pleasantly surprised with our room. Compact but very clean. We would describe it as quaint and cozy! Our group brought a firepit and extra chairs, and enjoyed many hours sitting by the wildflower patch. Everyone there was very friendly.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Cd B, Guest Relations Manager at Western Hills Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

We hope to see you and your group again next year