Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$130
Expedia.comUS$130
TripadvisorUS$130
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$130
StayForLongUS$158
1,177 results
All reviews grand canyon waffles room was clean free breakfast choice hotels hot breakfast would stay here again first floor sitting area front desk staff parking lot short drive road trip fireplace lobby cereal walmart
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2020 via mobile

We stayed here as a home base for sightseeing in the surrounding area, including the grand canyon. The night desk guy was amazing and very helpful. The hotel was superb, clean and a homey feel. Loved the fireplace and mountain lodge feel. We were disappointed in the breakfast since we are gluten sensitive and they didn't offer an alternative to pastries and granola bars and they advertised a hot breakfast. (The morning desk person could have been more accomodating and apologetic but she said nothing). Loved the access to coffee, tea, and juice which is one reason I don't understand the inability to serve breakfast. On a positive note, it was refreshing to stay somewhere without mask nazi's ordering you to put a mask on. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2020

This place was difficult to find in the dark, with no good signage directing us to the hotel, to indicate which of the buildings in the maze of the parking lot was the correct one. Really annoying.

None of the desk staff (4 in total we saw over our stay) were wearing masks.
There was no attempt at minimizing contact; the man who checked me in took my credit card to swipe it himself and handed it back to me, barehanded. I had to sign and initial a form with a pen that he used before I did. There was a plexiglass barrier but it had a several inch gap at the bottom, and seemed pretty useless. The hand sanitizer was in individual packaged units in a basket around the corner.

The room was clean, and the bed was passably comfortable.
Won’t stay here again. Would expect some better compliance with common sense measures to keep their customers safe, and didn’t see that.

Room tip: Find a hotel where the staff wear masks during this raging pandemic!
Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed October 14, 2020

Bonnie at the front desk is the BEST. The cleaning staff was wonderful. Hotel is clean, charming, close to many food choices and comfortable. We’ll definitely choose this hotel again when going through Flagstaff or visiting the Grand Canyon. I love that I can open the window and get fresh air. Can’t beat it for the price.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank 302phyllisc
Reviewed October 14, 2020

We stayed here for three nights in October 2020.
First the good: This is a nice hotel with a spacious, yet still cozy lobby and friendly staff. The rooms were clean and comfortable, especially our mini-suite, which had a kitchen area with a sink, cabinets, and a table for four. (Useful when so many restaurants only offer take-out.)
However, I would not have stayed there if I had known their approach toward guest safety during this pandemic. The city and county require masks in public places, but there was no signage or expectation that face coverings be worn. I saw front desk staff, maintenance workers, and housekeepers without masks. They were behind the desk, in public areas, and even in guest rooms. We only saw two staff members wear masks at all, but when we asked them a question, they took off their masks to answer (defeating the purpose!).
Although most guests did wear face coverings, there were often unmasked guests in the lobby, which made us reluctant to enjoy that space.
Unfortunately, one of the gestures toward guest safety was the "grab and go" breakfast, which consisted of a banana, two granola bars, and a packaged muffin in a paper bag. This is presumably to prevent contamination among guests serving themselves food, but the hotel still had a juice/drink dispenser available at all times in the lobby for anyone to use with no safety precautions. I only saw someone cleaning the drink area once during our stay.
As we checked out, I wanted to express my concerns to the manager on duty. He wasn't there, so I explained to the front desk clerk that, although we really liked the hotel and the staff was great, we were not comfortable with how lax they were about guest safety and masks. The clerk quickly became defensive and pointed out the plexiglass barrier suspended above part of the front desk. Since this barrier only comes down to about chest level and has large gaps on all sides, I explained that it didn't really provide much protection for guests, so she told me I didn't understand how Covid-19 is transmitted (I do). When I mentioned the maskless guests hanging out in the lobby, she said they couldn't do anything about that because "we're not law enforcement." I suggested signs at the entry or in the lobby might help guests be aware of and obey the law.
So, if you think everyone is overreacting to this virus and resent having to obey the rules, this is the place for you!

Room tip: The mini-suites have a nice kitchen area with a table for four.
Date of stay: October 2020
4  Thank mtwaz
Reviewed September 21, 2020

This has long been my favorite hotel in Flagstaff. We've stayed here a number of times over the last few years, and never been disappointed. However, our recent stay for a quick getaway during the pandemic left something to be desired. I had booked the least-expensive room -- two queen beds -- and we were happy to be upgraded, as Diamond members, to a larger version of this room that included a table and chairs and kitchenette area. The room looked clean, bed was comfortable, etc. But "breakfast" (which is usually excellent here) consisted of 2 granola bars and an orange in a grab-and-go bag at the desk. The juice machine and a coffee machine were available, but no pots of brewed coffee. This provided a decent snack to take on our afternoon hike, but was totally inadequate as a meal. The second morning, we didn't even bother to pick up a bag. We've stayed at a Comfort hotel in Tucson during the pandemic, and they provided a good breakfast (under the circumstances) with pastries, instant oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, actual brewed coffee, etc. Also, this hotel is charging a $4.97 per night "Flagstaff Prop 418 Fee", which is not clearly explained, but may have something to do with the city's raising the minimum wage (???). On the Choice Hotels website, it's described in one place as a "resort fee" and in another as a "hotel services fee". So it is disclosed at booking, but a better explanation would be helpful. Since the hotel is encouraging guests to forego housekeeping during the pandemic (which seems sensible, and which we did), is the additional fee justified at this time? Hopefully when the pandemic is over, this hotel will once again be an excellent place to stay. Until then, bring your own breakfast or be prepared to eat it elsewhere.

Date of stay: September 2020