“Great time!”
Review of 1899 Bar & Grill

1899 Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
1899 Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 381 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Milton/Butler
Description: Newly opened on Northern Arizona university campus but open to general public
Reviewed September 11, 2017

I was staying in Flagstaff to drop my daughter at NAU; being an international student we were there a week before anyone else so when we visited 1899 it was very quiet.I suspect it gets very busy when there are students around! Despite the very small number of guests we had a great time. The service was excellent and we had an amazing young guitarist playing throughout the evening. We were brought some fresh bread and flavoured butters to welcome and the different butters were delicious. My burger was cooked to perfection!

Reviewed August 19, 2017

We stopped here for a lunch on our way to Grand Canyon. The lunch menu was good and I had a sandwich and a drink. It tasted real good and it didn't give me any heart burn too.The service, and the weather was great and it didn't take a lot of time too order and get your food. We ate on the patio and the view was good. The only real problems with this place it that there in no parking. They have about 20 spaces and you can only get to them in one direction. But considering it is on the campus I know why.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

I had the Vegetarian Tamales and started with a salad that had blackberries and greens. My husband had the Green Goddess salad and his entree was Mexican White Shrimp. I finished the meal with Key Lime lollipops and my husband had banana upside down cake with vanilla ice team instead of banana ice cream. The meals were delicious!

Reviewed August 6, 2017

We stopped here for dinner as we were passing through Flagstaff on our way back from the Grand Canyon. The food was good but a little pricey for what you get (I ordered the half rack of baby back ribs). The service was a little slow and the restaurant was freezing cold in February. I had to ask to switch tables to avoid getting a draft by the window.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Lunch was around 2 p.m. so we had the full attention of the staff; so service was great!
I tried the souo and 1/2 sandwich. The sweet potato bisque and ruben was perfect. My bride had the 1899 hamburger and was delighted.
Prices are good.
Plenty of on street parking.

Been to 1899 Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!