“Very average and too expensive”
Review of 1899 Bar & Grill

1899 Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
1899 Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 370 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Milton/Butler
Description: Newly opened on Northern Arizona university campus but open to general public
Reviewed November 13, 2017

My family and I were in Flagstaff last week for a visit and we choose this place because it looked cool and different and the menu looked decent. The service was fine, friendly and prompt. The food however was really lacking. Very small portions for the price of a meal, the food was cold and seemed like it was cooked and then sat under a heat lamp. I wouldn't recommend anyone to eat here unless they seriously lower their prices. It's not a steak place, either.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

I realize this is a teaching restaurant, but really? In my past three visits, I've experienced the wrong food delivered (twice); waitrons not understanding what is on the wine menu (you order a wine by name and they are confused so they bring you the wine menu and you point to it on the menu and then they seem to get it)--also twice; being given the wrong check (and accidentally paying it); and food that should be hot or warm delivered cold. (Cold cheese crisps, cold crime brûlée.) The salads are way overdressed, so ask for dressing on the side (they sometimes remember to actually serve it that way). Also, they do serve bread, but many of the waitrons forget to bring it, so be sure to ask for it. This is an expensive restaurant. For the price, I expect better service. Twice the manager came over to apologize, even though we didn't complain. You would think that if the manager thinks he needs to come out and apologize, he would at least offer a discount on the very high bill. But I guess if he did that for everyone he has to apologize to, they'd never be able to stay in business. I'm done with this restaurant.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Across from the Drury Inn this bar was perfect for a nice drink, nibbles and catching up with friends while watching the baseball playoff game.

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Awesome place. Great food and drinks. Steven and Chloe were awesome. Next to the Northern Arizona University. Right on route 66.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

I had not been here a number of years. The menu has changed to be more casual but the prices have not really gone down. I started out trying a "cherry vanilla manhattan" with Crown vanilla flavored wiskey. It was like chilled cough syrup in a glass. My wife and I shared a fall salad, which was actually quite good and was the highlight of the meal. We shared an entrée and had the barbecue combo dish called All Messed Up. It had bbq ribs, steak, mashed potatoes with cheese, and a sweet bbq sauce. The place still looks pretty good after some years of wear. There are a number of places I would rather go for the price, but we were here for a show at Prochnow.

Been to 1899 Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!