See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Somehow we have ended up here several times. It is small, run down, and pretty poorly maintained. But it is in a good location close to some good places to eat and all of downtown Flagstaff. It is cleaner than camping and the train noise is only a few times a night. The "continental breakfast" is indeed white bread and bad coffee, but there are good places nearby so we don't eat at the hotel. We have to be in Flagstaff a few times a year, and when it is too cold to camp and we just need a place to crash, this one will do. It is OK, just keep your expectations VERY low and don't look too closely at anything. Oh, and avoid any extended interaction with anyone in the office.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank rbgrcatraveler
Reviewed November 21, 2011

i made a reservation 2 weeks in advance to spend my birthday visiting the grand canyon and lowell observatory so it seemed only right to stay at the nearest and cheapest place to them. well i "rode" into town and had a college friend pick me up and take me to the hotel. i arrived at the downtown rodeway inn and before i got my room i asked nicely to see the room before i checked in. the woman who says her name is "Elaine" (india middle aged woman) was EXTREMELY rude, told me to give her the key that was already on the counter, and switched it with another room key (i thought that was weird). then before i left i asked for a map of the complex to see where my room was and she said "what do you need a map for? the room is right around the corner". i said "ok", and walked out with the key. i went to the room and looked in, and it seemed fair for the price, so i started bringing my luggage in with the help of my considerate friend. well almost immediately after we got all the luggage in the room and my friend and i were discussing where to get a bite to eat, i got a knock on the door. i opened the door and it was "Elaine"! i said "yes?" and she said " come to the office right now to sign for the room!" i said "ok i was just about to do that, and i thought i had already signed for the room with the paperwork i filled out before you gave me the key?" she replied "no you didnt". so i agreed and started out the door. then elaine proceeded, and this is where it gets good, to tell me that if i had a friend in my room he would have to pay to be there! lol we both told her he was just visiting me and she refused to allow that! she said he would have to pay a full night, and my friend and i both looked at her like she had 3 eyes! we were both arguing with her and she began to get right up t0 my face just yelling in a foreign language! i told her "i am going to call the police if you dont calm down", and she said "no if you dont leave i am going to call the police!" lol at this point my friend told me to get my things and lets go look for another hotel room. i am absolutely sure at that point that she was refusing me service, and taking my friends advice we got into the car and drove to the next rodeway inn, where they were much much better. needless to say "ELAINE" charged me $42 and when i called choice hotels 1 week later, they told me to talk to the manager, but of course "ELAINE" is the manager and is there every day, and has no intention on paying me back or making this right whatsoever. complete thieves and a downer on my bday. i will NEVER stay there again as long as they own the place. its been 3 weeks and absolutely no consideration for my hard earned money, long travels, inconsideration and complete in-hospitality. it was almost worth the $42 to see the devil come out of this woman. it made me appreciate friendly faces even more.

Room tip: no room at all. better to sleep on the train tracks
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
12  Thank JM221
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We saw the internet rate of $35. The famous rude desk lady said no, it was $45 but very nice room! Great location to a very nice restaurant: Beaver Street Brewery. Continental breakfast was white bread and mini muffins. Rude lady offended when I asked for tea. Coffee was so bad my husband poured it out and bought more at gas station. If you're doing the train probably good location or the historial downtown area but really disappointed this was in the "Choice" chain.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank BandDMarquezTX
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Waited at the desk with 2 other customers for awhile before getting service & that should have been my first warning & should have walked out. The guy finally showed up behind the desk & after paying he told me if there was anything we needed to let them know. It had been raining & it was cold in the room & no heat & noticed no coffee maker. I called the desk & he told me they turned the heat off during the summer & that they have space heaters, but he had customers & we would have to come & get them & same thing with coffee maker. NO flipping service . AC filter was plugged. Ice machine didn't work. Door to outside didn't lock & anyone could walk in & wonder the halls. Not impressed with the place at all & would not recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank TexasSocks
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I should have known better. The price for the room was low and my expectations should have matched the price. The room was very small, the bathroom even smaller. The noise from the nearby train tracks and highway was disruptive, especially since the walls were so thin that snoring from an adjacent room woke me in the middle of the night. On a positive note, it was clean and free of bugs.

Date of stay: May 2011