See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 19, 2017

This facility was very near all the downtown attractions of the Historic Route 66 Highway (short walking distance to shopping, eateries, etc.).

Even though trying to get onto the Route 66 highway in front of the motel was not fun/easy (this was mainly due to the bumper-to-bumper traffic up until approx. 9:00 PM), there is a side street beside the facility that you can use that makes getting onto Route 66 easier but you have to go in the direction of downtown to get to a traffic light...not a big deal, the things you see along the way are neat.

The room we stayed in was small, slightly dated (i.e. more electrical outlets were needed for laptop, cell phones chargers, etc.) but was very clean/neat.

I felt that the price was very fair for the area (i.e. other places we looked at were significantly higher) and I did not feel that we under/over paid for the room..."right-on-target" for what we paid.

The front office staff was very friendly/professional at all times!

I would recommend this motel to my friends/relatives without hesitation but would make them aware that single bed rooms may be smaller than what they are hoping for and/or expecting.

Room Tip: If you require/need/want a larger room space area, you may want to book a room with double-beds and/or a suite if they offer one.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear Pleased_Customer123,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found our location convenient at a reasonable cost. We hope you were able to explore the area! Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we hope to be of service to you again when you return to the area.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

This inn has only one thing in it's favor. It is in a terrific downtown walk-able location. Aside from that, it has small dreary rooms that are not well outfitted. Even the linens were worn and meager. If you have a mode of transportation there is no reason to stay here.

Stayed: March 2017
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

22dfb,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and share your experience! I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. It's important for us to impress our guests and your comments will make this goal that much more attainable. It is our sincere hope that you will one day return to see how your comments have affected our direction in reaching our ultimate ambition of giving each guest a five star experience.

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this place because it was the cheapest in town and I did not want to spend a lot of money for a few hours of rest. This has got to be the most ghetto place in the whole choice hotels line. My visit started off with the guy at the desk telling me that I should've not booked through hotline or whatever because they charge us more than he would have... then he had just handed me a key to her room, no sleeve on it, no receipt, no nothing else. When I asked if there was anything I just need to know he said there's nothing about this hotel you need to know. So I go to unload my car I set my purse in the bathroom and close the bathroom door so that while my door to my room is open people can't just see my purses there for the taking and when I went to go into the bathroom door was locked and and unable to be unlocked from the outside. I wish so bad I had not put my purse in there so that I can get my money back and leave but alas my purse was in there. So Guy from front desk comes in with his tools to try and get the door open but he doesn't know anything and so I tell him to move aside and that I can probably get it open so I got my tools and popped the middle part of The doorknob off and basically broke the door knob so I can get in the bathroom and get my purse out. He kept insinuating that I had locked my purse in the bathroom which was absolutely asinine and finally I told him I don't know what the hell happened and I really don't care if it's never happened before I didn't lock the door so don't even look at me like I'm paying for this door knob. Then, it was just a terribly ghetto looking room and did not seem super clean. Also upon leaving there I drive for several hours towards my home destination and pull over for a break and I noticed that my feet my hands and ankles have all got some type of bites on them and I think it it looks like blisters and it maybe chiggers. I'm getting ready to call the hotel and let them know they have a big problem. I had nothing on me when I went there last night.

As a sidenote I had actually booked this hotel the night or two before because I thought I would be able to drive straight through and then rest in Flagstaff, but I started getting super tired and almost not even at the wheel and stop in a town in a couple hours before Flagstaff. I called choice hotels and let them know I had made a reservation at this hotel that very same day, in fact just a few hours earlier, but that I was thinking it would be a safety risk for me to try and drive through and wondering if they could just switch my reservation to another choice hotel closer to me. Friendly guy on the phone found a hotel close to me and all he needed to do to confirm it was just verify that the hotel in Flagstaff and cancel my reservation and when he got back on the phone he sounded dumb founded. He informed me that that Flagstaff hotel refused to cancel my reservation and was going to keep my money. I was also dumbfounded I have never come across an issue like this before. So, I called the hotel after I get off the phone with him to give them a chance to resolve my complaint and I let them know I feel it is very bad customer Service to refuse to cancel for me, especially since it's because I'm afraid I'm going to fall asleep at the wheel, and not just a whim. I have been a choice rewards customer for years and she (the manager I suppose) argued with me about it and try to let me know they were independently owned and I told her that I knew that but they were still under the umbrella of choice hotels. In the end she said Siri would not charge me the full price but she would be charging me a $30 cancellation fee. When I booked it through another service trying to get a deal I didn't know what hotel I was going to get but I certainly did not think that it would be that way when it came up if I could not believe it because I was still angry about her charge me a cancellation fee but I have no choice.

Bottom line is don't call here. Don't stay here. Don't reserve here. Hell… I wouldn't even look in the direction of that hotel if I happen to be on the street driving by it if I were you. It is got to be the worst place I've ever stayed in my life & if I have chiggers I am going to do whatever it is at my disposal to hold them accountable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary T
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you for completing our guest satisfaction survey and letting us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We are already making reports about this so the management will be informed by this news. We are very sorry about your disappointment but rest assured, your concerns will be highly appreciated to better our services to our dear customers. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

My boyfriend and I only stayed here because we had no other choice as this was the closest hotel downtown Flagstaff that night--that has room availability! The room was ok. The toilet won't flush. Then the noise from the construction site next to it was unbearable the following morning. We complained to the desk person but he didn't do anything for us. I didn't sleep at all because of the drilling and loud noises coming from the construction. The front desk lady was unfriendly and never even saw her smile. In other words, it was a cheap room. I felt like I was robbed off paying almost $100 for one night. So please...don't you dare do it. Look elsewhere but here!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 961gayled
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Dear Gayle D,

I also want to apologize for the construction noises that disturbed your sleep. In the future please addressed it to our staff so they can transfer you in a quiet section of the hotel. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience.

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

Affordable. You get what you pay for.
Questionable stains.
Tiny room space.
Major disappointment: Check out is at 11am but if you don't put the "do not disturb" sign on your door, they'll come in and assume you're gone.
I left the room for breakfast and when I came back, found the cleaning lady in the room clearing out the fridge. I had left my baby's milk and another drink in there, which were dumped out. The milk jug (whole gallon) was almost full.
Went to the front office to ask when check out was and the desk lady told me 11. I asked her why the room had already been cleared out and she explained that some guests just leave without checking out. Mind you the time was 9:30 so no reason they should've cleared out anyways.
I let her know my baby's milk was dumped out and they offered a glass of milk, which I turned down since I didn't know where they'd be getting it from.
They also offered bottled water, which I did take since we had to stop for some any way.
I'm so glad I hadn't left my belongings in there since I don't know what they would claim then, as an excuse.
Live and learn. This was my first trip on my own where I reserved a room. But I don't think that has anything to do with my experience.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Hana S,

Thank you for reporting this incident you had in the hotel. We are already making reports about this so the management will be informed by this news. We are very sorry about your disappointment but rest assured, your concerns will be highly appreciated to better our services to our dear customers. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.