See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Older hotel in historic Flagstaff area. Shower only pillow top mattress. Across Route 66 from train tracks so can be noisy between traffic and trains. Free Wi-Fi microwave and mini fridge. Standout is location, close to many bars brewpubs and concert venues, as well as everything else historic district has to offer.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Guest_Relations_2018, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional guest experience. Thank you for sharing with us about our location and area. We hope that you will return at a future date to be impressed by the improvements we have made.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Location is key! Hotel is within walking distance of 5 craft breweries. City is now charging for parking. Pick a hotel for location so you can leave your car and walk. This one is old but cheap. No breakfast. Room 112 upstairs in stair well. Surprisingly quiet. King bed. Shower only. Pedestal sink, so no counter space in bathroom. Clean. Comfortable bed. Microwave and fridge, but only one can be plugged in at a time. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Brandy C, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Ginny A,

Thank you so much for sharing your review and giving us an honest look at the guest experience in our hotel.I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We are delighted by your compliments, rating and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality of our staff. Your thorough review is greatly appreciated! We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

I will have to say that it is convenient to old town and a lot of neat shops. Other than that, it is old, noisy, and the rooms are not great. If you need a place to sleep, the beds are OK, but that is all you get.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve W
Brandy C, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Steve W,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your
recent stay at our hotel. I want to apologize for the noises that disturbed your rest, All Front Desk Clerks are instructed and trained on how to handle these types of issues and I'm very sorry they failed to correct this problem for you. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient, and I hope you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next visit!

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on 8/26/17. I had just driven for ten hours, coming from Canyonlands National Park, on my way home, to Tucson, AZ. I was just simply too tired to drive anymore. I pulled into The Rodeway Inn/downtown Flagstaff, and was told the room would be 89.00 for a single bed room. I was just tired and hungry, so I paid and went to my room. 1. The room smelled. 2. The BEDSPREAD WAS BADLY STAINED!!!!! 3. The mounted television was not visible from the bed, but was around a "corner", making it impossible to watch unless you literally pulled up (the only) chair, a hard wooden chair. As tired as I was, this was really just TOO MUCH! When I went back to the front desk, to request a refund, the clerk called the "manager" in charge. I was told they could either give me a $20.00 refund, or, if I insisted on a full refund, they would charge me a $20.00 cancellation fee for the five minutes I had been in the room. The clerk had to even run up to the room to make sure I hadn't stolen the soap! So, as I said, I was dead on my feet, and had seen that the sheets had been clean, so I just accepted the $20.00 refund. I have called numerous times to complain about this to the Manager, and when I checked my bank statement, I saw that THEY HAD OVERCHARGED ME!!! $109.00 for that disgusting room, and although they did give me the $20.00 credit, all that did was bring my charge back to $89.00. As I said, I have tried numerous times to call any "manager" at their number, and no one was ever there, daytime or nighttime. And... you can guess it... I never received a return phone call. WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT STAY HERE! Bad management, unresponsive to guests, dishonest charging, dirty, disgusting... I am going to fight this further, with their Corporate offices, but I just wanted to get this review out as soon as possible.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Brendeabc,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing the issues that you indicated in an effort to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. I am sorry that your room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our maintenance and housekeeping staff. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

I don't like giving bad reviews. I try to find positive so that people don't think your just negative. The location was great. Walking distance around the historic area. In fact this location housed a hotel on Route 66 at this location, why they don't market that I have no clue.
Another positive is the outlets in the room. There is plenty for all your charging needs.
This is where it ends. The hotel needs renovation. Our toilet wouldn't flush. Thenshower didn't work. We needed to get a hold of management and the doors were locked and no number to call. We paid over $100 for this room which isn't worth it, the sheets seem to be clean but the room had a bad smell. All the ice machine and such are outside and damaged. It is right aciras from train and you do hear it. I can't blame them for that. There is not sufficient parking either. If there is an event theynused their back lot for paid parking. The rooms need major updating. They have refrigerator p, microwave and a table that serves no purpose. If you are a large person and stay in room 123 you will not be able to get to bathroom. There was a metal object near ceiling covered by plastic wrap, we laughed saying it looked like a camera. They tile in the shower was not sealed so now has soap scum and I believe is apart of their odor. They have two picture on the wall and they are the same, they are dark which added a gloomy feeling to the room since there is little light. There was a different odor that came through the a.c. If I were I charge I would start by getting thendated carpet up and out if there, then design the room to go along with Route 66 or the trains or Flagstaff heritage. This hotel needs help. The manager really needs to get with the owners and work with Rhodeway Inn to get this hotel some attention. Now if you don't consider any suggestion you must take care of two things: the toilet and the internet!

Room Tip: All the rooms begin with 1. Stay a way from 123,it is very hard to move around in room because it is cramped,
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Live2believe,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. We appreciate your time in pointing out the areas in most need of attention as we work towards updating and improving upon our accommodations. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient, and I hope you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next visit!