See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

The place was clean. I would recommend staying here. We were able to walk to the old downtown. Very eclectic area. Parking was limited, but both bikes fit in one space with room to spare. Staff was ok, could have been a little more forthcoming when asked about nightlife

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

1955chevy,

Thank you for your kind words 1955chevy ! We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed April 5, 2018

Our stay was excellent staff at hotel are really helpful, dropping of my daughter at NAU restaurants train station etc at walking distance reasonable pricing rooms little small but in good condition. has fridge , microwave, coffee maker flat screen TV

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

srtp1013,

Thank you very much for the compliments you give to our hotel! We value our customer's experience that is why we always make sure that our facilities are in good shape to provide our customers the best we can offer . We can't begin to tell you how much we appreciate your five star review, and we can't wait to serve you again!

Reviewed April 5, 2018

I booked a Queen Non Smoking room through Booking.com for $89.00 and upon arriving at our room was given a room with one double bed. At which point I went to the front desk to to correct the mistake and get our Queen bed I was told that there were no Queen's available and that since I booked it through a third party was probably not going to get one to begin with even though I had a written confirmation email. He also told me that I was lucky to have a room at that price to begin with since it was Easter weekend and the rooms were going for $159.00. I believe our Queen room was given to someone else for the higher price at the decision of the hotel owner even though we had a written conformation. Dishonest!

Our room was not clean, the carpet was filthy our bed comforter had burn holes in it and the toilet seat was about to fall off among other things such as only one electrical outlet and the door handle was about to fall off. The door frame looked like someone tried to open it with a crow bar at some point and the inside door latch was broke and unusable. To top it off the handhold safety bar in the bathtub was loose only being held in place at the bottom by one screw that was about to fall out. If I would have grabbed hold of it with any force I would have pulled it off the wall

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else may not get the room you booked.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dan E,

Your review and rating of our hotel mean a lot to us, and we thank you for taking the time to share this experience. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the condition and cleanliness of the hotel your guest room at that time. This is certainly not the kind of experience we would like for our valued guests to have. Glad you found our location to be convenient, and I hope you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next visit!

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Arrived after a 6 hour drive from Albuquerque to this place that had been booked by a friend as part of a 12 day road trip, we'd been pre-warned it was a cheap and cheerful trip and the accommodation was at the cheaper end of things, so on Day 8 we arrive here, check in to be charged $12 fee and given room 109 on the ground floor, opened the door to the room to find a dark dingy room, the beds were stained, the floor & room in general dirty, bathroom had moldy spots over the window, which upon inspection didn't even lock! Unacceptable on the ground floor! To top it off there was a strange smell in the room.

After discussing with my wife and friends who were in a room upstairs, we decided to move to the Marriott next door, went back to reception to tell them I wouldn't be staying there due to the state of the room for the woman argue there was nothing wrong with the place and she couldn't understand why I have a problem with the room,

I wouldn't let my dog stay here, by far the worst hotel/motel experience I've ever had!

Stayed: February 2018
2  Thank Mark P
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

Mark P,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the condition and cleanliness of the hotel your guest room at that time. This is certainly not the kind of experience we would like for our valued guests to have. We hope to someday see you again and completely transform your view of our service and hospitality as well.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

We prepaid online and when we got there they added additional charges. The person at the front desk was very rude and said he won´t give us the key unless we pay in advance the additional cherges. When we went to the room it was disgusting, dirty and with an awful cigarrette smell, even the linen and bed covers smelled of cigarrete. When we complained the manager gave us an air freshener and said he couldn´t change the room!! the bathroom was dirty and with rust and had a hole on the wall, We had to move to another hotel and they refused to reinburse anything claiming the 48 hour cancellation policy. TERRIBLE!!

Room Tip: Please never go there if you want a clean and decent room
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank SueOnerom
Brandy C, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2017

It means so much to have earned your business. We appreciate the feedback regarding our bed and front desk. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will give us a chance to serve you again.