See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 22, 2018

You should look at pictures. Construction and finish featuring India style. The pictures show the fit and finish and overall quality of the room. More and more motels are going to this unique India style.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

mightywhite_2000,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this thorough and insightful review of Rodeway Inn Downtown Hotel. This is in keeping with our ultimate aim to make you feel at home and to see you return. We look forward to impressing you in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Pros
Very comfortable beds. The air conditioner works excellently. The location is fantastic for walking around downtown. The room stays dark with the curtains drawn. Fridge/microwave for left overs. Free parking.
One of the guys who checked us in was very friendly and helpful.

Cons
Management/owners are rude and unhelpful.
Expect to pay extra hidden fees.
When we booked, the room was supposed to be $54 per night. After taxes and fees, the total amount was $60-65 per night which is ok. When we got there, they made us sign an acknowledgment to pay additional fees *after* and in addition to the total amount due. It was then $72-75. So basically they false advertise and add on extra fees later so they can list cheap prices on google, etc. I asked what these fees were and the guy at the desk (manager? owner?) just got irritated and told me to "Just sign." I started to read the page he wanted me to sign, and he got irritated that I was taking time to do that.

The sink did not work in our room; like no water came out. They transferred us to a different room, but it was a double bed, not the queen we paid for.

There was a big hair on the side of the tub, so it's clearly not being cleaned.
The air coming out of the air conditioner smelled bad, they may need to replace the pads?
Parking lot is too small and hard to maneuver in.
I returned to our room one night to find a note on the door of our room, and my key did not work. The person at the desk told me I had caused her cleaning staff great inconvenience for parking in space that I parked in, and that I needed to move my car at once. She said they prefer only overnight guests park there (we were staying 3 days). She seemed irritated and brusque. I told her I didn't have the keys, but that when my husband returned I would tell him. She told me not to forget. Let me clarify that this is an available parking space in their lot and that there was no indication that it could not be used. We had stayed there two days without any indication that we had caused a problem. We had actually stayed at the hotel and parked in that same spot the week before and no one said anything to us.

Advice to management:
Please and thank you go a long way. Treat people with respect, not like they are an inconvenience. Answer questions and be patient. People will consider coming back. You have responded to a lot of reviews on google and said you care about customers, but if you say that and don't do it you are lying.

People come here for a comfortable stay. They are paying a lot of good money for it. The most basic thing they are paying you for is a clean room and fresh bedding. Even one star hotels are expected to offer this. Your rooms are not clean. Fix this.

If there are particular parking spots you only want occupied by certain guests, or at certain times, it is YOUR responsibility to make this clear. Do not shame guests, or inconvenience them because you failed to do this. This problem can be easily fixed by putting up a sign in that space that says, "for one night stays only" or put some orange cones in that space to keep people from parking there, and remove them when you need to.

Change the pads on your air conditioning units.

Get rid of extra costs after the total amount due.

If you make a mistake, take responsibility for it! Don't give people less than what they paid for if you have to re-assign rooms. Offer them a better room. This shows you care about the guest and their experience, and are making up for your own mistakes.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Emily J,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your recent stay at our hotel. We are apologizing for the rudeness that our staff showed during your stay with us. We do not tolerate such kind of behavior from any of our staff and management.You are welcome to contact us at the Hotel, should you have any other concerns about your stay. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

We have been on the road for seven weeks, and have stayed at many nice facilities.

After 10 1/2 hours on the road we needed a rest. Unfortunately we booked through EXPEDIA, huge mistake. This motel has mold on the shower curtain, stains on the towels, and a surly front desk employee.

Under no circumstances should you consider this place for a nights lodging.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey1950
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Jeffrey1950,

Thank you for pointing out the issues with housekeeping so that we can work to improve upon
this aspect of the guest experience at our hotel. Our housekeeping staff is held to a very high standard and we appreciate that you've informed us of a need to address housekeeping policies and procedures. I do apologize for any inconvenience or
difficulty that you experienced and I hope it will not deter you from experiencing our improvements and updated policies in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Great location to downtown, bed was comfortable and we had a room in the back of the hotel so no train noise. The room was not as clean as it should have been and there was an unpleasant odor that I thought would dissipate over a couple of days but never did.

Room tip: Rooms away from the main road are quieter.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

BubblesDahling,

I am so sorry that you smelled of unpleasant in your room. In the future please address immediately so that our staff will clean and disinfecting to restore the clean smell of our accommodations. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

The place was clean. I would recommend staying here. We were able to walk to the old downtown. Very eclectic area. Parking was limited, but both bikes fit in one space with room to spare. Staff was ok, could have been a little more forthcoming when asked about nightlife

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

1955chevy,

Thank you for your kind words 1955chevy ! We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!