“Not very good Thai food”

Dara Thai Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 381 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Our party was from Seattle and Boston, connecting in Flagstaff. We were looking for a place for dinner in the downtown area and this seemed to be well rated. Unfortunately it didn't live up to its ratings for us.

The decor was fun, maybe the best thing about the place. Service was friendly but slow. The food was a huge letdown. Fresh rolls were falling apart on the plate before we even tried to pick them up, and they seemed to have no mint or shrimp/pork in them. Pad thai looked and tasted like it was made with ketchup. (One of our party took Thai cooking classes and said this was often done as a shortcut.) Beef with garlic, basil, and green beans was so soupy it had to be served in a bowl. The meat was tough from being cooked that way.

I would not go there again if I were in Flagstaff.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

After our afternoon tea at another establishment in Flagstaff, we walked a short distance for dinner before leaving town. It was early, about 5 PM so there were just a few others in the restaurant. We were greeted immediately and served up wonderful dishes that had us wanting for more; however, the quantity was plenty. Also, the service and atmosphere wonderful. This was a good choice for dinner.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

I enjoyed Dali Thai but it wasnt wonderful. I had sweet and sour and the sauce and it was very sweet. I couldnt finish because it just became too much--like syrup for me. We had a 2 person sampler platter for an appetizer and that was nice. I have had better food but it was worth the trip in and I would even do it again but I would not order sweet and sour

Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

Friendly fast efficient service and nice tasty Thai food all at a reasonable price. Just on one edge of town so easy to park near as well. Had a lovely combination starter with nice fresh spring rolls and satay with a good peanut sauce then a good mussaman curry which was nice and mild and creamy.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

It's been seven years and I have been traveling. Recently was in Flagstaff and thought about dropping by Dara Thai. Let me just say that nothing beats the Basil Chicken and Three Kings Curry here. I fell in love all over again. The remodel was a nice surprise too! Always an amazing dinner when it comes to this restaurent! Will always come back!