“Excellent Steakhouse: Worth a Visit”

Zenith Steak House Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
Ranked #40 of 380 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2016

On our last night at Twin Arrows we had dinner in the Zenith Steakhouse. It has limited hours, open only in the evenings. The entrance takes you first into a small bar area with comfy sofa seating and a few barstools with a television for watching sports. The next area is lined on both walls by curved booths, able to seat four to six, and down the centre of the room are tables for four. We were ushered to a booth and it was wonderful. We were treated like kings, and the servers were friendly and gracious. The restaurant serves only organic food and the beef is raised nearby and all grain fed, no chemicals. We ordered steak and before the meal arrived we were offered our choice of steak knives from a tray of various kinds depending on the type of steak you ordered. Nice touch! The steaks were huge and delicious but somewhat grisly. We didn't complain but had to remove several large chunks while eating. The baked potatoes were the size of footballs, so it might be wise to order one for two people. All menu items are (ala carte) separately priced. Wine was served and we had dessert to finish our meal. We've had steaks in other places on our trip which were much better and we were disappointed at the price we paid for the quality we received. The ambiance is very nice and it was romantic to spend time sitting in a huge booth, sipping wine and talking about our trip's adventures. We would definitely recommend this restaurant as a windup to your stay as the service is excellent, the people wonderful and the food good. It is expensive but hopefully your choice of steak will be better than what we chose.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank Traveller200247

Reviewed October 12, 2016

I enjoyed Zenith Steakhouse on the Saturday night of a business weekend. After reviewing the menu outside the restaurant, I would not have chosen it as I felt that it was extremely pricey for the location; however, the rest of my group made the decision. I chose the BLT wedge salad, along with a side of macaroni and cheese with jalapeno bacon. The salad was delightful, although I did have to request additional blue cheese dressing. The mac and cheese seemed to derive all of its flavor from jalapeno and this was not an enjoyable dish. The service was exemplary, and were I to find myself back at Zenith, I would probably splurge on a steak. The others in my group ordered steaks, pasta, crab cakes and other dishes. It was mentioned that the crab cakes were too dry. The pasta was a clam and other seafood dish and it was served with whole clams on the shell. Did not look appetizing to me, however, it was not my meal. Checks for the rest of my group seemed to average $75-$100 per person.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 4, 2016

My dad and I decided to splurge some of our slot machine winnings on a nice meal, so off to the steakhouse it is!

The food is impeccable, and the portions are HUGE. I tried but coul only eat half of my meal.

I had the Navajo steak with a side of asparagus and my father had the Zenith Kobe Beef Burger with fries. The food was really wonderful, and our waiter was very attention with excellent dining suggestions from the wine to the steak preparation.

I really wish I could teleport back from the east coast and bring friends just to eat here, it was such a lovely meal and worth every single penny. Compliments to the staff and chef.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

TL;DR
I'm not spoiled when it comes to food.

At $74 (for a single diner!) and after reading all the great reviews I had higher expectations.

Great service, great overall experience but medium food.

------

The food is good. Good - not great.

It looks amazing but that's it. After your taste it the excitement is gone.

The service is spectacular and the overall feeling of the restaurant reminds a Michelin awarded restaurant BUT the food is nothing special.

I had the Caprese Salad, the Porterhouse steak ($50 per 22 oz.) and the Chef vegetables as side dish.

The salad was nice.
The steak WAS cooked exactly as asked (they know their way around meat) and the side Veggies that included broccoli and asparagus were tasty.

The steak's 'unique Cabernet glazing' was visible but I didn't feel it's taste. The meat is good and again - cooked exactly as requested.

But again - nothing special about the food.
I ate well and the overall experience was nice but I don't think it's worth the price. Not even close.

Lower your expectations and you'll probably have a good time.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 2, 2016

The New Mexico ribeye was one of the best steaks we have ever had. Cooked to perfection, melt in your mouth. Nice wine selection. Will definitely return for dinner and a stay at Twin Arrows. Wonderful experience all the way around.

Date of visit: August 2016