Lowest prices for your stay
US$111
Free cancellation until 21-04-24
Reserve now, pay at stay
BestWestern.com
PricelineUS$111
Expedia.comUS$111
StayForLongUS$130
1,685 results
All reviews best westerns separate building western hotels family suite grand canyon breakfast room is train tracks an older hotel parking lot bed was comfortable complimentary breakfast would stay here again indoor pool flagstaff area road trip bw pet
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights so we could visit Sedona and old town Flagstaff. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable, quiet at night. The furniture could use an upgrade and a microwave would be convenient in the room. You have to go to the lobby to heat food or drinks. The pet area was well-maintained and had lots of shade and grass. Our 2 mini Aussies loved it. Breakfast was somewhat limited on options. Would have appreciated scrambled eggs instead of flat egg with cheese and bacon better than “tan” looking sausage, but understand with Covid.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dtempleton48131
Reviewed September 21, 2020 via mobile

Checked in on the 19th, checked out 20th. Me and my roommate were awakened by a knock on the door at 4AM!! I saw that it was a Best western employee and Opemed the door to the indecipherable babble from Miguel, he was clearly on drugs, bypolar or something as he (like I said, I could not understand him and I speak perfectly good English) became threatening when I told him it was 4:00 AM. He then knocked 3 more times and the last time I threatened to call the police on him. He also left a plunger at my front door (odd) and the smell of cigarette smoke somehow got into my room from him smoking in hallway. I called to front desk twice, first time no answer and the second he answered as I knew it was him and called him out on it. I hung up and he immediate charges up to my room and knocks one last time and I told him i was going to call police, he scurried away and at 4:36 AM Emails me my final receipt.
I am a long time platinum member and was on the road camping for 2 weeks and all’s we wanted was a good nights rest, thanks to Miguel (I’m pretty sure that was his name, tall, 20’s, long dark floppy hair) Me and my roommate were charged up and could not sleep the rest of the night. You may want to rethink his position as he is clearly can be a threat to anyone who stays at this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Scott Grams, General Manager at Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2020

Thank you BillyBee for returning my call yesterday regarding your experience at our hotel. We do not receive many responses like this and in the rare occasions when we do, I try to contact the party as soon as possible. As we spoke about on the phone, I am sincerely sorry about this incident and on behalf of the hotel and all of our staff members, I apologize. This is not the norm for the Best Western Pony Soldier Inn, and we have taken corrective action to insure this does not happen again.
We have recently received Trip Advisors “new” Recognition Award as a 2020 Traveler’s Choice Recipient, as well as last year’s 2019 Certificate of Excellence Award. These accolades are due mainly to our staff, and the friendliness and helpful attitude they exhibit. The staff and I take guest responses very seriously and strive to make all guests feel welcome like family and to exceed their expectations.
Once again, thank you for your input and willingness to speak with me. The compensation we discussed is in process and I truly hope to hear from you next time you are in Flagstaff.

Reviewed September 15, 2020

Our room had 2 queen beds, a large sofa, television, nice bathroom, a desk and a chair. It was neat clean, and well laid out. There was an information sheet in the room stating that the hotel had thoroughly cleaned the room before renting it to me. The staff wore face masks and were polite, courteous and efficient. The morning breakfast area had physically distanced tables and individually wrapped food because of the Covid. The food was quite tasty, and we were pleased at their efforts.

Room tip: Since this hotel is near Interstate 40, and on the way to the Grand Canyon, I recommend a reservation before you come.
Reviewed September 12, 2020

The location of the hotel was not worth the price. It was five miles from the center of town. The room did not feel clean. I felt I had to clean it before using it and so I did. The air conditioning unit was so loud that I went and bought ear plugs. The toilet was sized for children. No Tv guide was given so you had to go through all the channels to see what the station was.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed September 12, 2020

We really enjoy our stays here...This is NOT the first time we've been to the Pony Soldier Inn in Flagstaff, we keep returning because of the excellent room, accept pet's without taking us to the bank for a crazy fee, breakfast is amazing (except now that Covid has appeared) room is stocked full of towels and coffee, great TV reception, just a clean room, and bed is sooo comfy !..Staff is amazing and always friendly...

Review collected in partnership with Best Western