3 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$170
Agoda.comUS$170
Lol.travelUS$195
1,911 results
All reviews made to order breakfast evening reception order omelettes grand canyon living room complimentary breakfast nau campus front desk staff yogurt road trip sofa snow
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2020

1st, the room was filthy. 2nd, the staff has an attitude. 3rd, the lounge and bar area is closed due to Covid, an excuse to save money. 4th, you'll keep finding that things are broken.
The room is disgusting. The returns have filthy air filters, and that is probably why the air conditioning does not work. Toothpaste was still on the vanity from the previous guest, and the carpet may have been vacuumed 2 or 3 months ago.
When dealing with the staff, they make you feel like you're bothering them. They'd rather be in the back eating and on their phones. I had a guy try to help get my clothes dried and he brought them back 20 minutes later still wet. I can't completely blame the staff, because there is only one person running the front desk at a time and they do appear to look over whelmed, so I believe that management is to blame.
I guess blaming poor hospitality and poor cleanliness on covid is the best business practice that this hotel can muster. Rooms are only serviced every three days. You can only get two wash clothes per day, even if you have more than two people in your room. They ask that you try to not use so many wash clothe, because "they are running out". The dinning room is blocked by garbage cans full of trash toprvent the spread of covid. Also the lounge area is blocked off with a pile of chairs and table, to block the spread of covid. Then your complimentary breakfast is a bagel with cream cheese witha couple of ounces of apple juice, so to stop the spread of Covid.
If you look into the room behind the front desk, while waiting for some help, you'll notice a P.M. schedule posted on the wall. Most of that scheduled work really needs to be completed by competent maintenance personnel. The pull-out couch in our room nearly broke my 6 year old daughters leg because instead of replacing the missing springs, someone decided to maneuver a few springs to hold the mattress up. When my daughter tried to crawl across the bed the mattress collapsed and her leg was twisted by the the springs and the bar. Also, the dryers are broke, the min-ifridge doesn't get cold enough, the AC doesn't really work.
I can keep going on about how miserable this place is, but do yourself a favor and just go somewhere else.

Room tip: Choose another hotel
Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank eviet365
John Williams, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2020

Hello, First I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you and your family faced during your stay with us. I am sorry that we missed our opportunity to make you feel warm and welcome during your stay with us, We strive to deliver the ultimate stay experience to all of our valued members, and we failed to deliver with you and I humbly apologize. I will use your feedback as a training opportunity. Stay safe and have a good 2020Sincere Thanks Embassy Suites Flagstaff Team

Reviewed October 7, 2020

Embassy Suites are usually very nice comfortable hotels with a delicious hot made to order breakfast, not so at this one. This hotel is in dire need for renovation as the 70's decor is way out of style. Navigating around the hotel is also a challenge as the hallways go in many different directions. The rooms and hotel were clean and fairly comfortable but lacking for the prices charged. The breakfast was a complete joke as they offered a pre-packaged sack with a muffin, snack bar and a small bottle of water and you only get 1 per person. The normal breakfast could have been served instead of buffet style. The breakfast is one of the main reasons we choose Embassy. They did not notify us to the breakfast change or offer any concessions. I am glad that this was just a stop on the way as I will avoid it in the future.

3  Thank KansasReviewer

Reviewed October 6, 2020 via mobile

I’m staying here with my 2 children as a pit stop before the Grand Canyon and I’m beyond grossed out by the state of the bathroom. There is black mold EVERYWHERE.(pics attached) and the upholstery has spill stains and dark residue from years of body oils/perspirations all over it. I truly wish the carpets and sofas were steam cleaned between each guest. Considering the current state of the world I did expect it to be clean (i don’t think that’s too much to ask) I’m a diamond member so I spend a LOT of money with Hilton so this kinda just sucks. I’m no Karen, but I’m going to notify staff just as a health concern in general .

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ATGCdr

Reviewed October 2, 2020

The hotel was perfectly comfortable, clean, and well-maintained. It is clearly better than almost any other option in Flagstaff. It delivers everything you would expect at the price charged. Really like having two separate rooms. Unfortunately, no food service due to COVID.

Date of stay: September 2020
John Williams, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2020

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your stay experience. Feedback from your visit to our hotel is very important to us, and we appreciate you.  We work hard as a team to deliver a great stay experience. All of us at the Embassy Suites Flagstaff is committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well-maintained facility for our guests.  Thank you for all of your understanding during these trying times. It is gratifying to read a review like yours that rewards our commitment that we are on the right path to excellence.  I look forward to sharing your review with my teammates. Have a great 2020

Sincere Thanks The Embassy Suites Flagstaff

Reviewed September 25, 2020 via mobile

We stayed at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff for the first time. The hotel is located a bit away from the old town section but is closer to the university. Parking was plenty. Unfortunately, the sidewalk surrounding the property was under construction, so walking to some of the businesses was not easily done. Check in was fast but was not very good. We were not recognized for our status with Hilton and was not offered an upgrade, and was not offered points instead of breakfast (which was not being offered because of the coronavirus outbreak). The person at check-in complained to me, indirectly that I booked too cheap of a rate to get a good service from this hotel. Flagstaff hotels are typically overpriced anyways, and I didn’t think the AAA rate was all that good, but who knows. The hallways and rooms were very much dated and there were a few maintenance issues (lamp in the living room area not working, shower pressure unacceptably low, and floor tiles in the bathrooms loose, upholstering on the chairs wearing out). It was fairly obvious that the management did not care much about these issues and kept filling the rooms because they can. Check out was quick but unpleasantly so. We were not asked how our stay was, and I did not feel like spending any more time in that property by that time. I’m afraid I cannot recommend this property.

5  Thank N_and_R
John Williams, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2020

Hello, First I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you and your family faced during your stay with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, We strive to deliver the ultimate stay experience to all of our valued members and we failed to deliver with you and I humbly apologize. I will use your feedback as a training opportunity.
Sincere Thanks Embassy Suites Flagstaff Team