All reviews zane grey old west gopher hole clawfoot tub private bathroom across the hall wyatt earp wrap around balcony shared bath restaurant downstairs historical hotel no elevator flights of stairs amtrak station cookie cutter queen suite free popcorn coffee maker in the room
Reviewed March 1, 2018

The hotel itself is really cool and interesting. Every corner has something neat to see.

The hotel does a great job at warning you in the emails that it is not quiet. All of the small issues we had were all noted in the email. The radiator in the room does pop a little, which didn't bother my husband, just kept me up a bit. The bar noise was done by midnight on our floor, and after that is was pretty quiet.

The only complaint, which isn't really the hotel's fault is you can hear EVERY noise that comes out of any of the rooms, that includes the people in the room next to us who were "getting busy" when they came back to their room after the bar closed up. You can even hear when someone gets on or off the bed in the room next door.

I think this hotel is perfect for the young party crowd - you hang out and drink in the bar until later hours and then crash in your room. If you've been drinking you likely won't notice any of the small little noises of the place.

We opted for a standard room with the private bathroom across the hall. The only weird thing I noticed is the blinds don't extend all the way down on the window so any person on the street could see you in the bathroom if you were getting into the shower in the evening with the lights on. I had to shove the trash and some magazines in the window to cover the entire window. It would be a very inexpensive fix.

Room tip: Splurge on the queen rooms - I'm thinking those would be a little cheaper
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Klaudia N, Manager at Weatherford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Thank you so much for your honest review! I'm always looking for ways to combat the noise! My guess is you stayed in room #53, and we will be addressing the blind issue. I do recommend coming back and staying in a queen room if you decide to come back in the future! Have a great day!

Reviewed February 22, 2018

The Weatherford is nicely redone and has a great location. However, the noise level was intense. I have stayed here before and did not notice it being that loud. This last experience will deter me from staying at this hotel in the future. The bars and restaurant are always fun to visit though.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Klaudia N, Manager at Weatherford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed January 7, 2018

neat place. Didn't stay at the hotel, just stopped in to have a drink at the end of the day. I really liked the history. Friendly staff at the bar. Wasn't busy when we were there so it was a nice relaxed atmosphere. I felt comfortable exploring the hotel and went upstairs the the bar there and checked out the ball room.

Room tip: didn't stay at the hotel, just stopped in and had drink at the bar in the basement.
Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Patrick M
Klaudia N, Manager at Weatherford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Thank you for your great review! Come back and see us!

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Took a look around the nicely restored hotel then grabbed a bite at Charleys. Waitress was great, food was above average. Pricing was reasonable. Fits well in Flagstaff..one day will stay in the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Klaudia N, Manager at Weatherford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you for stopping in! We look forward to your upcoming stay with us!

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

There is not free parking here. They have seven spots. That is not enough for all hotel guests. Knowing this, we parked five blocks away and hauled all of our bags to the hotel. We asked the front desk guy if where we parked, North of cherry street on Lennox, was okay and he said yes. We got a 35 dollar ticket the next morning. You are not allowed to parked overnight in downtown Flagstaff at all during the winter. I asked the officer writing tickets. The hotel staff should know this and not tell their guests that it is okay.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jblundell85

I have addressed this issue with the employee that gave you the misinformation. I apologize for your parking challenge, and hope that you come back to visit in the future.
The hotel was built in 1897, and at the time, there was adequate parking. But now, that is not the case. We do offer secondary parking, and this information didn't appear to be passed a long to you. I hope you had a safe trip home, and I would be happy to talk further if you would like.