Lowest prices for your stay
HIExpress.com
SAVE US$37
PricelineUS$158
Expedia.comUS$158
travelup.comUS$169
All reviews grand canyon room was clean front desk staff the breakfast area yogurt the rooms were nice nice stay would stay here again up to date great place to stay road trip pillows freeway suitcases
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2020 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff. It is conveniently located 90 min from Grand Canyon South Rim, 2 hours from Petrified Forest National Park, and less than an hour from several more excellent National Park Service sites. The room was clean and the staff friendly. They provided a basic grab and go breakfast. While meager compared to normal, it was better than what other hotels are providing now. The hotel was very quiet for the most part. There are many great restaurants and coffee shops nearby as well. This was a great choice!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank TrailTrekker15
Reviewed November 14, 2020 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our way through Sedona. Prices were mich more reasonable than Sedona and the drive to Sedona from here through Oak Creek Canyon is spectacular. The room was clean and comfortable. Unlike many hotels that have cancelled breakfast or give you extremely limited options, they had a variety of breakfast foods all individually packaged to eat onsite or take with you. No hot foods, bjt a few items you could heat up yourself like oatmeal and breakfast sandwiches. They also had fruit, yogurts, muffins, milk, coffee and similar items. Staff was fine. You do need to wear a mask indoors which I realize is not up to the hotel. Overall a good experience.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank RodneyB399
Reviewed October 5, 2020 via mobile

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for three nights in October 2020. The hotel is a little dated but appeared clean. You pay expecting a reasonable breakfast even during these COVID-19 times. All they had was cold sausage and biscuit, yogurt, bananas and coffee which I do not drink. No milk in carton, no juice in carton, no wrapped muffins, no nothing! When asked staff I was rudely told that this was all that the CDC would allow which is not true. But numerous other hotels with breakfast serve much more. But you pay as if they’re giving you a decent breakfast. Hotel was a disappointment!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DeputyDawg46
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2020

Hi DeputyDawg46,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the breakfast selection and customer service. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

I appreciate you as our guest and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 2, 2020

I stayed her 2 times in August. Each time the service was great at check in and the room was clean.
The grab and go breakfast was actually pretty good. I stayed at a few other HI Express and they were not offering the Grab and Go. It was happy they were.
We asked for more coffee and they had it available at the front desk.

Room tip: they have 2 elevators, but it seems like you are constantly waiting for them!
Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed July 26, 2020

This hotel looks as though it was recently renovated which was a huge plus for my friends and I when we arrived. The sleep quality at this hotel was great, and even though breakfast was closed due to sanitary concerns with COVID-19 - the staff still provided us with some grab and go bags filled with some basic stuff. With regards to staying here during COVID-19, however - the cleaning measures taken by this hotel was near perfect. This definitely put our minds at ease, especially seeing almost all of the guests and the staff wearing some sort of face-covering. With regards to location, this hotel is situated right off of I-40 so access to the Grand Canyon is very convenient and simple.

I would absolutely stay at this location again.

Date of stay: June 2020