2,684 results
All reviews truck stop hiking trail pine forest grand canyon rooms are huge christmas lights hotel grounds north pole hotel restaurant wooded area hot tub gas station off the highway loved this hotel main building bit dated breakfast buffet
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Driving through northern AZ, and my wife and I decided to stop over in Flagstaff. The Little America had previously been recommended and we decide to try it out. The property is older but well maintained . The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and nicely decorate. The pool is large (and heated) and is right next to the back of the property with a very nice walking trail and lots of pine trees. The restaurant is ok, but a little speedy. The gift shop was ok, but nothing exceptional. Room rates were pretty good, but obviously because it was a slow period.

Room Tip: We found that calling on the arrival date, and asking for any specials gave us the best rates dn an upgrade.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harry R
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This hotel had one of the biggest, best, heated kidney shaped pools that has ever been my pleasure to swim in..... BUT... they put a fence between the pool and hot tub (which are ten feet apart) and made it so the guest has to get out of the wonderful heated pool and step into the COLD Northern Arizona spring wind and walk about 500 feet to the hot tub.... IT SEEMS LIKE 50 MILES IN A COLD WIND.... and it is awful. And could be so easily made right by removal of the fence.
The whole hotel smelled like cheap pineapple air "freshener"..... wrapped in a freshly changed diaper (baby powder).... they banned cigarette smoking in their hotel and their property smells like the world's largest freshly changed baby in a giant gel air "freshener".... it is the second worst smelling hotel I have ever stayed in.

The decor is pink floral straight out of a 1950's starlette's dressing room..... ew.

Not the worst hotel on the planet..... and the pool is WONDERFUL!

BUT this property is owned by an oil comany...... and it SHOWS! Caviet Emptor,

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2012

When we arrived for check in, the clerk at the desk was so pretentious that I almost laughed out loud. It seemed as though it took forever for him to activate the keys and complete our check in process. So, initially I was turned off by the atmosphere. Luckily the 15-20 minutes I was forced to spend with this man wasn't indicative of how our stay was going to be. We had two rooms for two days and I loved the ambiance! Very quaint and I think other reviewers hit the nail on the head, it's definitely like visiting grandma's house. Our boys LOVED the pool and jacuzzi, and we loved the hiking trail. It's also located in excellent proximity to a variety of restaurants. All other staff were friendly and helpful. The young lady I encountered at check-out was down right charming. All in all I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank moonstarsgirl
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We planned a week long spring break trip to tour Arizona. We needed a place to stay for 2 nights in the Flagstaff area. We were so delighted to find this hotel. It's an older property reminiscent of the ones I grew up with. While its older, it's been very well maintained, still maintains its charm, and large rooms. The restaurants are great and the gift shop surprising reasonable. Would recommend this property to anyone looking to for a change from the chain hotels.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2012

After a long drive, we arrived at the hotel after midnight. Check in was quick and super easy. Our room was much bigger than expected and I loved that there were 2 sinks, it made getting ready in the morning so much easier. The beds were comfortable and eventhough the hotel is close to the freeway, you couldn't hear it at all. Overall, I would highly recommand this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple