“A very nice hotel”

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed at the Little America Hotel for one night as part of a family touring holiday. I stayed here primarily because of it's proximity from/to the Grand Canyon. It was perfect as it was only one and a half hours drive from the Grand Canyon and was a good deal better value than other Hotels in the Tusayan area of Grand Canyon.

The room itself was immaculately clean and well maintained. The decor was more traditional than my normal taste, however it still had all modern facilities such as a large flat screen TV and a digital safe.

There was a coffee maker provided in the room. One negative was that powdered creamer was provided that was full of hydrogenated vegetable fat which is very unhealthy, the hot choclolate provided was also full of hydrogenated vegetable fat, however there is a gas station and store literally on site where you could purchase milk/alternatives etc.

Although we only used the hotel as a base, I would use it again in the future and have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: Excellent value if booked in advanced.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Model_Traveller

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Driving through northern AZ, and my wife and I decided to stop over in Flagstaff. The Little America had previously been recommended and we decide to try it out. The property is older but well maintained . The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and nicely decorate. The pool is large (and heated) and is right next to the back of the property with a very nice walking trail and lots of pine trees. The restaurant is ok, but a little speedy. The gift shop was ok, but nothing exceptional. Room rates were pretty good, but obviously because it was a slow period.

Room Tip: We found that calling on the arrival date, and asking for any specials gave us the best rates dn an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harry R
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel had one of the biggest, best, heated kidney shaped pools that has ever been my pleasure to swim in..... BUT... they put a fence between the pool and hot tub (which are ten feet apart) and made it so the guest has to get out of the wonderful heated pool and step into the COLD Northern Arizona spring wind and walk about 500 feet to the hot tub.... IT SEEMS LIKE 50 MILES IN A COLD WIND.... and it is awful. And could be so easily made right by removal of the fence.
The whole hotel smelled like cheap pineapple air "freshener"..... wrapped in a freshly changed diaper (baby powder).... they banned cigarette smoking in their hotel and their property smells like the world's largest freshly changed baby in a giant gel air "freshener".... it is the second worst smelling hotel I have ever stayed in.

The decor is pink floral straight out of a 1950's starlette's dressing room..... ew.

Not the worst hotel on the planet..... and the pool is WONDERFUL!

BUT this property is owned by an oil comany...... and it SHOWS! Caviet Emptor,

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2012

When we arrived for check in, the clerk at the desk was so pretentious that I almost laughed out loud. It seemed as though it took forever for him to activate the keys and complete our check in process. So, initially I was turned off by the atmosphere. Luckily the 15-20 minutes I was forced to spend with this man wasn't indicative of how our stay was going to be. We had two rooms for two days and I loved the ambiance! Very quaint and I think other reviewers hit the nail on the head, it's definitely like visiting grandma's house. Our boys LOVED the pool and jacuzzi, and we loved the hiking trail. It's also located in excellent proximity to a variety of restaurants. All other staff were friendly and helpful. The young lady I encountered at check-out was down right charming. All in all I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank moonstarsgirl
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We planned a week long spring break trip to tour Arizona. We needed a place to stay for 2 nights in the Flagstaff area. We were so delighted to find this hotel. It's an older property reminiscent of the ones I grew up with. While its older, it's been very well maintained, still maintains its charm, and large rooms. The restaurants are great and the gift shop surprising reasonable. Would recommend this property to anyone looking to for a change from the chain hotels.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2012

After a long drive, we arrived at the hotel after midnight. Check in was quick and super easy. Our room was much bigger than expected and I loved that there were 2 sinks, it made getting ready in the morning so much easier. The beds were comfortable and eventhough the hotel is close to the freeway, you couldn't hear it at all. Overall, I would highly recommand this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank horsegal682
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This hotel has it all - great staff, wonderful restaurant, beautiful grounds and well-appointed large rooms. Be sure to upgrade to the larger room with view of the forest. Our room decor was charming and came equipped with two luggage racks, rug in the bathroom, a large sitting area. Retro decor but newly updated so everything was lovely and looked newly redone. Also large comfotable lobby with huge fireplace.

Be sure and order the turkey dinner which even beats the home cooked Thanksgiving dinner.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple