“It all depends on room location.....”

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I will start off with what was bad...since our trip started off on a sour note. We checked in around 5pm. We went to the front desk and they gave us our keys. We went to our room....opened the door...and all we could here was the loud sound of the highway. I knew this would not work out, as I could not sleep with all the noise. This is a huge resort and when we checked in the parking lot was barely full. And we were given what could be considered one of the worst rooms based on location by the highway.

I called down to the front desk immediately and asked if we could please be moved away from the highway to a quieter room facing the courtyard. The front desk agent asked if he could call me back so I wouldn't have to be on hold. No problem...so I thought. So we wait, and wait. I get frustrated and start to call other hotels to see if they have rooms because of the delay in the front desk clerk calling me back. We are sitting here...waiting. I don't want to mess up the room at all so we are sitting on the chairs...not using the bathroom etc. Finally I call back down and am told, rudely, that the rep was very busy and he was going to get back to me. Then with a click of a button he immediately finds me a room across the hall......

First I am starting to wonder why we were given such a lousy room. it was early. The place was not full or busy. Part of me thinks it was because I used American Airlines miles and cash to pay for the room. So on their end it showed "prepaid". But all I can say is that the front desk agent left a lot to be desired and his attitude made me want to move somewhere else! No way could I have stayed in that room with all the noise from the interstate!!

Now the good points. The room was large and clean. We needed a feather free room and the housekeeping staff was quick and friendly. All the pillows are down and so is the bedding so they had to swap out everything!!! We enjoyed talking a short walk after dinner and seeing bunnies on the trails.

Breakfast was wonderful in the dining room and the staff was attentive.

I am glad we got our room fixed but my dealings with the front desk staff left a bad impression. Don't make a guest wait over 15 minutes for a call back!! Don't give them a crappy room because they are "prepaid". I have used American miles for hotels before and have never been treated like this. Don't be rude to your guests. If you let them sit in a hotel room for 15 minutes without calling them back, don't give them an attitude when they call back to check status. I wish I would have taken down this guys name. I can honestly say that had it not been prepaid I would have walked out and not given them a dime... good thing the other staff members made up for the rude front desk staff...

Room Tip: make sure you get a room away from the interstate. Building 3 is the closest to the interstate and...
2  Thank Lvtolvlife

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We extended our stay to two nights at this wonderful hotel. The room was large, clean and beautifully decorated. We requested a quiet room at the back. The extensive grounds are great for a walk before dinner. We enjoyed the large outdoor pool and hot tub. Staff were pleasant and very helpful. We hope to return in the future. This is a superb hotel and a great value.

Room Tip: Check out the walking and jogging trails on this 500 acre property.
1  Thank BrianP223
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed overnight in this hotel coming from Grand Canyon on the way to Sedona. I must say that the room exceeded my expectation for the price I paid for. The room was very clean and nicely decorated - not the usual rooms that I see in the US of this class.
The place was very quiet, the staff were friendly and nice. I noted that there was a very nice heated pool and jacuzzi at the center of the property. It was unfortunate though that the weather was freezing when we came - it would have been nice.
If I am ever back in Flagstaff. I would stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor has a better view of the property. However, there are no elevators so be ready to carr...
1  Thank Sonny H
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed here for our 10th anniversary. Our room was large and very clean with a comfortable bed (although I'd take my own pillow next time). The grounds are really pretty, especially with fresh snow on them! The staff was nice, but we didn't have too many interactions with them. We'd definitely stay here again if we go up to Flag.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

The workers at front desk, restaurant, and housekeeping were generally helpful, courteous, and happy. The accomodations of pool, hot tub, hiking trail, hotel restaurants, bar, and coin operated laundry are an asset. However, our first impression of the room was unfavorable because the refrigerator was located in the bathroom, flat sheets are used instead of fitted sheets, and there is a single cup coffee maker instead of a multi cup coffee pot also located in the bathroom. Most places I stayed at over the years locate the refrigerator in the central room. A room that accomodates 2-5 persons should have a multi cup coffee maker which keeps the coffee continually warm and prevents waiting for each cup. Also, I ate breakfast at the restaurant each morning. I tried several chairs in the restaurant before sitting down and each had a wiggly back support or legs.The breakfast buffet served daily was not warm enough. One morning, I ordered breakfast (corned beef hash) from the menu and the meal did not come with toast or choice of potato which is standard at most restaurants.

1  Thank Marie R
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Five girlfriends and I stayed the night at the Little America Hotel in Flag for one night on our way to the Grand Canyon. We loved every aspect of the hotel--the decor, the setting, the service, the food and the comfortable beds. The rooms were much more spacious than typical hotel rooms and they were beautifully furnished. We had dinner and breakfast there and were highly impressed. We all agreed that it would have been nice to stay longer if our travel plans permitted. I'd love to go back some day.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CarlaS26
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We spent one night in this old fashion hotel and will always stay there.
Old fashion means that well trained staff actually cares about customers needs not just their money. Beautiful rooms, good food in restaurants, fantastic hiking trail system in pine forest behind hotel. And good value! (Could use some new furniture)