“Favorite Place for Open Chicken Souvlaki”
Review of Kostas

Kostas
Ranked #80 of 1,181 Restaurants in Buffalo
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2016

The open chicken souvlaki is the best around. Fresh mixed greens - not just romaine like most places, the usual onion and tomato, and here's the best part, light "fluffy" feta cheese! Not your typical feta chunks, it's light (both in taste and texture) and fluffy. The greek dressing is very good but you have to really shake it up and then pour right away before the herbs settle - they are quick to do so. I have also had the fish fry and it was very good. Actually I had it broiled with seasoning - I forget exactly how it was seasoned but I enjoyed it. Service is always excellent.

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

I had chicken soulvacki for lunch. I was disappointed with the salad it seemed to have been missing a lot of the major ingredients even though i did not request this. The taziki was lacking in flavor.

Reviewed June 5, 2016

Was up from SW Fl, for Memorial Day Week. Cousins recommended Kostas, I saw Mousaka and Kourabiedes for desert.Delicate bechemel sauce (I make mine with sliced potato between layers)t going to make it Kosta style. Greek Salad, coffee and Kourabiede for desert. Will be back to Kostas again.

Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

I went here with a friend. He had the chicken parm and he chicken was overlooked. I had calamari and it was very bland. The marinara sauce wasn't the best. It was very clean and our waitress was very kind. It's a cool place to go with decent prices. Sorry I forgot to take photos

Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

We went to Kostas on a weekday for lunch at the recommendation of a local UB student. Good pull. Much of what we had was basic Greek staples, but everything was delicious. Our service was excellent and we had a great seat for people watching.

Been to Kostas? Share your experiences!