Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Nice couple of hours at this Zoo

We recently visited Buffalo, and decided to check out the Zoo, we spent 2 hours on a weekday, we... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
456yessicat
San Juan, Puerto Rico
via mobile
best day ever

went there with my family love all the animals and it was clean and very well run. lot of shade... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
sharondicenzo
Buffalo, New York

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Buffalo
from US$20.00
More Info
All reviews polar bear rainforest exhibit sea lions reptile house perfect size great for kids few hours delaware park on display animals habitat tiger luna carousel hyenas arctic playground
Reviewed August 19, 2018

I have visited this zoo several times with my children and grandchildren. Although they have put some funds into the zoo...(and to children its a wonderful place to see live animals) the zoo has taken away the elephants, the big cats are in small enclosures, the park has several empty sites, and what is there definitely has not changed since I was a child taken there by my parents. Its a shame that this lovely place and old architecture has been denied some of NY's high tax dollars for needed upgrades. All in all the children will see live animals and there is a playground and two pay rides. The gift shop is well stocked with high priced items as you are directed to exit through it be forewarned. There is very little to see in Buffalo but if you have children to entertain this is one of two spots you have to choose from. Other than this I cant recommend anyplace for children outside the military park and I dont see this as any kind of attraction for smaller children. Remember winter comes every year here also.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed August 18, 2018

I have been a member of the zoo for at least 20 years. I feel very fortunate to have such a greeat landmark so near. We ride our bike there frequently and participate in many fundraisers. It can be small compared to other zoos, but it is still full of fun!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

When my kids were young we had a membership for many years and visited the Buffalo Zoo weekly and always had a fun time. Now that they are older, we only visit about once a year. We visited today and it was quite disappointing. They have fewer animals in many exhibits and some are closed entirely. It was sad to see how downhill the zoo has gone. The elephants are next to leave. I really hope that they pull it together. The zoo has a lot of potential.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

We live near Erie and we have been to other zoos and I have to say the Buffalo Zoo is an awesome little zoo. Well done exhibits and enclosures for the animals. Very educational as well. May small shows and feeding time which were very well marked. A lot of extra stuff for the kids as well (playground, carousel, small train, and $2 feeding sticks to feed the birds in the one exhibit). $12.50 for those over 12 and $9.25 those 2-12. Free under 2. We have an Erie Zoo membership and got 50% off (look into a zoo membership at your local zoo and you can get reciprocal discounts for admissions to other zoos and possible aquariums). We spent about 2 1/2 hours in the zoo. Good concessions for a zoo as well. $5 to park.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Not bad, smaller than I am used to, formerly living In denver, but nice zoo, good time for my young daughter and got ththe famikynpass for a reasonable price. Enjoyable

Date of experience: June 2018