“A Small Place With Great Food”

Charlie The Butcher's Express
Ranked #68 of 1,184 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed June 9, 2018

I have heard a lot about this place, and finally tried their food. The restaurant is a small place at the corner. You basically walk right into the order area as soon as you opened the door. I was there on the lunch hour and it was busy. I loved their prime rib. It was juicy. Price was reasonable and service was good. There is sitting area outside.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 18, 2018

I was in town on business and asked one of our local guys to take me to an authentic Buffalo place for something notable. This is a must do. Beef on Weck is a real classic sandwich. I had mine with a bit of horseradish and it was excellent. Service was fast and friendly. On a nice day you can sit outside too. Great place to visit and near the airport too.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 25, 2018

This is just a little take out spot, hence the "Express". It's a quick and easy place to get a great lunch. I no longer live in Buffalo, but made a trip back to do some family history research at the Downtown Library. One of the things I miss most about WNY is the food, particularly the Beef on Weck. If you know what this is then you know what I mean. If you have never had this sandwich, and are going to Buffalo it is a must have. Charlie the Butcher has some of the best. The roast beef is melt in your mouth tender and done just right, not too rare and not too well. The Kimmelwick rolls are soft and salty, just like they should be. Prices are also good and they have several sides to go with your sandwich. They also serve other types of sandwiches and I am sure they are just as tasty. The bonus with this place is that it is located in the Historic Ellicott Square building, which is truly beautiful in it's "old way", also it is an easy walk from most central downtown places. Try it, you will not be disappointed!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2017

We were told that experiencing Charlie the Butcher's is a must-try while in Buffalo so we headed directly there after a long day of flying.. and we were not disappointed! THE best Beef on Weck. Ever. The roast beef is tender and flavorful - melt in your mouth good!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Was told that this is THE place to get Buffalo's signature "Beef on Weck" - boy were they right !!!
Charlie the Butcher knows how to make the best roast beef! Daym it was good..still thinking about it

Date of visit: August 2017