“Horrible -really a 0”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Horrible -really a 0”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Despite upgrades (!??), we had open outlets, no WiFi, no service when we called front desk, freezing cold pool, and don't bother with the restaurant. When you get service,the food was not good. Their staff was rude in the rest.. Go elsewhere. I'm sure not to stay in this fleabag again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank doreen1380
VisionsBuffalo, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
Doreen,

I appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve the hotel and all we offer our guests. I have taken the time to review your concerns with our department managers. Our newly installed guest room WIFI completed just a week ago should have been faster and stronger than anything available on the open market. I will be following up with our provider this is valuable feedback for me to review with them. We have streamlined the process for signing in since your visit and this should help as well. I would love to discuss further with you your stay. Please feel free to contact me.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Staying for convention with teenage girls. Pros- easy to find from highway, quick check-in, easy to navigate around hotel, attractive lobby/dining/conference areas, cheap parking, pool looks nice, most staff very nice. Cons- everything else! Room is small, double beds are double size, not queens, furniture is outdated, small bathroom, noisy at night. Worse, the restaurant service is unorganized and SLOW! Experienced slow service at night with the bar and at lunch. We pre-ordered our lunch due to the convention and limited lunch time. So did about 60 others and it was chaos during the ordering process but pick-up was worse. No one knew what they were doing. They set the take-outs across the bar with no tickets or names on them. After a half hour of waiting to pick up our pre-order, we finally got our food. They were kind and loaded us up, but the whole process was POORLY managed. Needless to say, we won't be eating here for our remaining 24+ hours. Final con... it is COLD here.... room heat is great but the hotel lobby, hallways, restaurant, everywhere else is freezing!

As I said, average at best.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tired_of_snow_10
Tire of Snow,

Thank you for your feedback, I know the group numbers and participation did catch us under prepared for the first day and the bag lunch program was something we put together at the last minute to help with the flow in our outlet area. On Sunday we were ready and it seemed to go smoother. It was our pleasure to have the group her and I am certain as your attendance continues to grow we will be ready. I am truely, sorry for your inconvenience.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed here for business and the staff and accommodations were great. Very friendly and attentive staff made ordering meals and amenities a pleasant experience. The rooms are comfortable and clean including fresh crisp sheets. The workout room was well kept and large. There were a number of cardio machines (including treadmills, elliptical, and stair stepper) and free weights.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway. Although I had a decent sleep, as a light sleeper I was occas...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank G K
I appreciate you taking time to review the hotel. Having feedback from our guest on flat sheets or fitted bottom sheets we responded and having a fitted bottom sheet has made a huge difference for our guests. I have shared your comments with the staff, thank you.Glad you had time to enjoy our fittness room as all the equipment is just about one year old and one of my favorite changes as well. Looking forward to your return visit.
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed here as a group of over 40 people on Nov 5 2011. We had an incredibly easy check in and check out process. All of our group stayed on the same floor which was a huge bonus. The rooms had just been renovated and were quite relaxing and beautiful. Very clean and comfortable beds. Most of us enjoyed the downtown area by walking or getting short cab rides. Some of the group stayed and had a great time at the bar. Most of all Nancy, in group sales was amazing to deal with. Very professional and eager to assist us with our needs. She made everything seem effortless for us. We had such good feedback from our group that we definitely plan on returning again next year.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank somebunny1
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I regularly stay at the Adams Mark Buffalo for business (at least 15 times in the past year), and they've been great. The staff is always very friendly and very accomodating, and I never had an issue worth complaining about. My room's always been clean, and the bedding is far from gross- its the first thing I check (so you can leave the Tyvek suit in the car). The "work in progress" areas during the renovations are just that folks- when has anything under mid-construction looked pretty? I can say having seen the before, and now seeing the after- its obvious this organization is committed to improving itself. Also, the location is great, you're downtown- there's a baseball park and hockey arena within walking distance. You can be on the highway in any direction in less than 2 minutes. Eat the breakfast buffet- its a great spread. Its not the Ritz-Carlton, or Waldorf Astoria, and not meant to be- but its a great value in comparison to other places I've paid more for- and wore the Tyvek suit to bed.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob Z
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Employees gave me and my wife a night out for Christmas...Stayed there Sat., Jan. 28th. Also received a $150 gift certificate for food. Went to dinner, and used $140 of the gift certificate. Planned on using the other $10 towards brunch. Was told that the $150 certificate covered dinner only. I asked "What if our dinner was only $70?" I was told again that it would have only covered dinner, EVEN THOUGH IT SAID $150!!! After speaking to waiter, the Maitre'D, bartender, then the Manager, I came away with the $10 balance. The whole deal took well over a half hour, as our night rapidly deteriorated (wife in the room, me haggling). It got so bad I wanted to go home. Not to mention....
-$40 filet mignon arrived well done (ordered medium rare, wife too nice to say anything)
-Heater in room kept going on / off at random
-Carpets stained (wine, cigarettes?)
-Old extension cord laying around in room
-TV in bedroom didn't work
-WiFi didn't work
-Sheets were too short?

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom B
Tom,

I appologise for your experience. I would love to talk with you about your experiences here. We have been through so many changes and this is not the experience I would want any guest to have. Please if you have time call me directly. I am delighted to share that in the last few weeks we have responded to the feedback you and other guest have offered, adding a new vendor and WIFI system, changing from flat bottom sheets to fitted sheets. I have also reviewed your dining experience with our Food and Beverage Manager and have addressed this with staff as well.
Rochester
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed at the Adams Mark recently due to a good deal on Priceline. The hotel is currently under renovation, so the lobby area is rather sparse, but it looks like once renovations are finished, it will be very nice!

The rooms have been renovated, and while small, are well designed.

I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the expressway, it does get noisy!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends