“next to being homeless”

WoodSpring Suites Provo American Fork
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in American Fork
“next to being homeless”
Reviewed 13 March 2010

This place sounded wonderful. They advertised king size beds, comfy rooms, and a home away from home. Instead I am sleeping on a full size mattress that is less comfy then the floor, the toilet handle is taped together, and I had to go out and buy pots and pans for the kitchen. They make you pay for a week at a time because no one would stay longer then one night otherwise.

4 Thank Mommynxtdoor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
utah
Reviewed 16 November 2009

We had a reservation. We arrived. They had no room for us. Don't expect to get a room even if you have a reservation. BETTER MAKE OTHER PLANS!!!!!

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank staceypow
American Fork, UT
Reviewed 22 September 2009

I stayed at this hotel because my mother has a terminal illness and it was an absolute necessity to remodel her home bathroom. I felt very uncomfortable in this environment. Consumer beware that this hotel is better suited as a low-income housing unit. Two thumbs down....would rather stay on the streets of Compton, CA.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank HCONE
Utah
Reviewed 13 January 2009

I tried to stay here, but they were so incompetent, I gave up before I could get checked in and stayed elsewhere!

I should have been wary when the hotel reservation web site was broken... but I called the hotel direct and made a reservation. anyway. Somehow, the reservation never made it into their computer system, because there was no record when I arrived at the hotel.

At arrival, the desk clerk did not know how to check someone in, and called the night attendant to come help. After a long wait, a night attendant showed up, guided the clerk through the check in process, and after taking all of my information, informed me that the room type I wanted was no longer available. I was told I could take a smoking room or "leave if I didn't like it." No apology for the lost reservation, long wait, or room problem. I opted to leave and go to a different hotel chain that values its customers.

Stayed January 2009
3 Thank 4q2a
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2008

This hotel is better suited for and definitely more directed toward people looking for cheap and or temporary housing. I would not recommend this hotel for visitors unless your budget is so incredibly tight, you have no other choice.

Although the hotel wasn't even four months old, our bathroom looked much older. The toilet was the most stained I have ever seen in a hotel and the tub also looked dirty and well-used, to put it lightly. A sponge was left behind our toilet on the floor, so apparently someone tried to clean something at sometime.

The kitchen was empty. I suppose I expected a small supply of dishware to be provided, but we were only given a small cutting board, no plates, silverware, cooking pots or pans. I chose this hotel knowing I had the convenience of a kitchen, but the truth is, unless you carry all your own cookware, you will find it difficult using the facilities.

Our toilet ran very slow for our entire stay. Two nights before we left, it plugged completely - although no one had used it. It just stopped working. The next day, I asked the management to send someone up to look at it; they said they would. When I got back nearly 10 hours later, nothing had been done, the toilet was still plugged. However, I noticed immediately an item was missing from my room. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I traveled home and checked my bags - just in case I had missed it. When I called the hotel, they said they weren't responsible and said they had no idea why anyone would steal just one thing - anyone would have stolen a lot more.

The walls are paper thin. We could hear every step upstairs, every t.v. program surrounding us and every baby's cry - there was more than one. I can only compare it to living in cheap housing when I was a young college student, which is exactly what I think this "hotel" is suited for.

The manager was abrasive and the assistant manager doesn't hold enough authority to be truly helpful. For my entire stay there, I saw only one other staff member there. I did, however, get to ask the police to move their car parked behind mine so I could get out.

I chose this hotel because it was cheap and I thought it would be convenient. It wasn't convenient. It WAS cheap, in all aspects of the word. I got what I paid for and will never stay in this chain again. I wouldn't admit to my family and friends I stayed in such a place, let alone recommend it. No way!

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank calabreeze
Days Inn Lehi
#9 of 9 in Lehi
8.6 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lehi / Thanksgiving Point

Been to WoodSpring Suites Provo American Fork? Share your experiences!