“Wonderful place, just a couple of maintenance issues”

Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in American Fork
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Very nice, clean suite. AC unit was not working on high mode, so it was difficult for the air to reach the other side of the suite in a reasonable time frame. Not a deal breaker by any means, just inconvenient (on high mode, it would just make a loud humming noise, but the volume of air would not increase). Secondly, the bath drain kept falling down while taking a shower, so the tub would fill.

Don't get the wrong idea though. This place was magnificent. Great breakfast, clean pool and hot tub. The hallways smell really good too - that probably sounds strange, but you'll understand what I mean when you visit. Friendly people.

Room Tip: Get a place close to the stairs because the one elevator is quite slow.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Kimberly S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of American Fork. I am sorry to hear that you experienced a few maintenance issues, please know that we have taken action to correct the items brought to our attention. I am pleased to hear that overall your stay was magnificent! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

This was purely a business trip, as some training at the Adobe facility in Lehi was going to consume most of my time. The room was large, but a little awkwardly laid out - but not enough to be disturbing. Great water pressure, firm bed with a variety of soft to hard pillows, as well as several close plug-ins for all the electronics I brought. The staff was great, and the breakfast was typical of the Holiday Inn experience.

The one snafu was the computer system - for checking people in and out - went down, and they needed to rely upon their backup paper system. However, one of the employees forgot to put my paper receipt into their file system so while I was out they checked another person into my room...yep, that is what happened. The employee was quite apologetic, as well as the gentleman who had just been in my room for a matter of minutes. Two things about this: 1) So apparently they did not clean, as they would have discovered my things still in the room, and 2) they only slightly discounted my room - after saying they would comp it. Not a big deal, but I am glad everyone left in a good mood.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Kimberly S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of American Fork. I am so pleased that your overall stay was great. I am sorry to hear about the mix up in rooms when our system was down. Our staff here strive continuously to provide superior guest experiences, and are sorry to hear that we had a problem with you room assignment. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, so that we may have the opportunity to not only meet but to exceed all of you expectations. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We were lucky enough to find this hotel because everything else was booked. When we got in the room it was very nice and fresh looking and was cool and very nicely kept. We got a very friendly warm welcome. The bed was very comfortable and for the first time in a long time my wife and I got a very good and well needed nights sleep. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful and we asked for a late checkout which they gave us happily. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that needed a nice comfortable and welcoming place to stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Kimberly S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thank you for this wonderful review! I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our clean, comfortable accommodations for a well needed nights sleep. Our staff here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites strive continuously to provide superior guest experiences, and will be pleased to hear this wonderful review. Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Found this little jewel when planning our return trip from the Grand Tetons! Pool was closed which was a bummer since it was 105 degrees outside. The room was a suite and it was amazing! Definitely would recommend staying here for the price $120! Breakfast better than other hotels provide too!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy W
Kimberly S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of American Fork strive continuously to provide a superior guest experience. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful amenities we provide. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

We booked a room here on our way through on summer vacation. American fork is a quaint town and the holiday inn seemed to be newer and just off the I15. We were able to get the room for $90 with an AAA discount which I thought was very good. The only issue was that the room has been heavily deodorized.

Other than that it was a decent stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank powelj1

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of American Fork. I am so pleased to hear that your stay overall was satisfactory. We hope that you will stay with us again soon so that we may have the opportunity to not only meet, but to exceed all of your expectations. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

This is a nice hotel in a quiet location. We stayed in a suite on the 3rd floor and appreciated the amenities-microwave, refrigerator, and a great air conditioner! We also enjoyed using the small exercise room.

However, the bathtub was a filthy grey/purple color and also stained with plaster/spackle. We discovered this after having settled in, and decided it was probably not as bad as it looked. While taking a shower, however, my feel stuck to the bottom of the tub. It was rather unpleasant.

When checking out, I mentioned the tub issue. The response was that they would have maintenance check it out. I did not expect much in return for the information I provided, but would have thought they might have been a bit more concerned.

A great, quiet and comfortable room, but I would avoid the bathtub.

Room Tip: 309 not good
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David_and_Misti
Kimberly S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Thank you for your review. Our staff here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of American Fork strive continuously to provide superior guest experiences. I am sorry to hear of the condition of your tub. Please know that we take all guest reviews very seriously and will take immediate action to repair the tub. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We are also pleased to know that aside from this, your stay was great. Thank you again. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

This entire stay was pleasant. The staff was friendly, welcoming and attentive to the guest. The facility was new, clean and had a classy environment. Breakfast was good and the room properly cleaned. Typical of Holiday Inn Express but it's why I like the!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank AnthonyLaneRawlings
Kimberly S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of American Fork. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near American Fork
7.2 km away
TownePlace Suites Provo Orem
7.5 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem

Been to Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo? Share your experiences!