1,209 results
All reviewsgarden suitethe clifffire pitfrench press coffeeatlantic suitewine hourturner suitemy husband and iwindow seatother guestssun roomfrench pressedpressed coffeebeatrice turnercookiesbay windowcarriage house
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My wife and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary and I don't think we could have found a better B&B to stay in. The overall service was exceptional with the details and the rooms are amazingly done with old-style charm mixed with modern amenities. The owners hospitality allowed you to feel comfortable as if you were with friends. I wanted to invite them back to our home. They provided excellent guidance for area information but at the same time helped make the stay feel very private. I look forward to staying there again and would love to make it an annual visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2011

Wait! We aren't really invited to your house - I'm going to have to change my holiday plans. But seriously, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and Beatrice's Room. We strive to make the Cliffside Inn seem like a second home for our guests. Thank you for choosing us for your 10th anniversary. We hope to see you back here soon.

Best,
Nancy and Bill

Reviewed October 18, 2011

My wife and I just returned from a wonderful anniversary getaway at the Cliffside. Nancy and Bill have really upgraded the inn (not that it was bad before), and everything was perfect. The staff is friendly, the breakfast delicious and the rooms comfortable and immaculate. Also, the inn's location near the Cliff Walk and Puerini's Italian restaurant is another big plus. We give the Cliffside high marks!

Tom & Elizabeth

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thank you! WE love to get feedback but it's especially meaningful from guests who stayed under the prior ownership. We are so happy you were able to share your anniversary with us. Thank you for turning us onto the personalized B&B.com gift cards too. What a lovely touch. I haven't been able to figure out how to link boatinglocal with the inns facebook account, but I'll keep trying.

All the best,
Nancy and Bill

Reviewed October 17, 2011

This was my first trip to RI and a B&B what a great stay!! Our room was so perfect and so clean, Nancy and Bill were not pushy and were there if we needed any advice. Our first honeymoon got cancelled and this was a last second trip but it did not feel like it all! We had such a good time, the area is beautiful and it was just perfect. The ONLY downfall was a hard bed but everything else was excellent! Thanks again!! We will be back.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

My wife and i went to Newport last week to celebrate our anniversary. What a marvelous time we had. the house had been totally remodeled since we were there 2 years ago. The proximity to the Cliff Walk trail makes this B & B so much fun to stay at.

We highly reccomend Cliffside Inn.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We have been guests at the Cliffside Inn in the past and this visit, our first with the new owners - Bill and Nancy, has truly been our best weekend ever at the Inn and in Newport. The renovations they completed are extraordinary and very tasteful. We stayed in the Seaview Suite on the first floor of the Cottage. It is spacious, cozy and nicely appointed. We arrived a bit early and were able to take a tour of the guest rooms in the historic main inn, and each one was unique, with its own personality and charm. The breakfasts were delicious, with freshly baked goods, fresh fruit, a delicious special-of-the day and the best coffee I have ever had (really!). The Cliffside Orange French Toast and Eggs Newport were two of our favorites. In the late afternoon, we were welcomed back for a wine reception and a sumptuous array of appetizers - a great way for us to unwind after a full day and before dinner. The kindness and hospitality of the new owners, Bill and Nancy, was wonderful - they really understand how to create great memories. We booked our return visit before we left.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

We are so pleased that you decided to return to the Cliffside Inn, and that you are as excited about the renovations as we are. We look forward to creating more great memories for you when you return in December. We have some winter breakfast specials coming up that we know you will enjoy too.

See you soon.