1,218 results
All reviews garden suite the cliff fire pit french press coffee atlantic suite wine hour turner suite my husband and i window seat other guests sun room french pressed pressed coffee beatrice turner cookies bay window carriage house
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Just back from a night at the Cliffside Inn. A delightful stay in a beautifully renovated Victorian Inn. The french toast for breakfast was outstanding. Hosts Bill and Nancy were very helpful and accommodating. I enjoyed a beautiful early morning walk on the Cliff Walk at the foot of the street from the Inn. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Thank you for staying with us, and we are glad that your romantic getaway to Newport and Cliffside was so enjoyable. Nancy and I appreciate the feedback on your stay and the renovations we completed to the Inn! The Cliffside French Toast is a favorite here...must be our secret ingredient (or two). I recall you being an early riser...you heading out to the Cliff Walk to walk your dog, as we started making breakfast. Early AM, as the sun rises...is one of the best times to enjoy the Cliff Walk. We look forward to your return visit this summer.

Bill & Nancy

Reviewed December 23, 2011

We visited the Cliffside Inn at the tail end of its marvelous renovations and returned for a look at the finished product. Every detail was done to perfection - the fabrics used for drapery and bedcovers, the selection of wall colors, the Christmas decorations, the made-to-order delicious breakfasts, the expansive bathrooms, the service which cannot be matched anywhere. Nancy and Bill are masterful at both professionalism and friendliness - Their warmth is boundless. Just a fantastic place.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Peggy - you brought tears to my eyes. It was so special having the four of you back with us. Our first firepit guests - and now our dear friends! Your comments mean more to us than you will ever know. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the new year.

All the best,
Nancy and Bill.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a restful and peaceful getaway. We saw the reviews on Tripadvisor and were hoping for a wonderful time at the Cliffside. Our experience far exceeded our expectations. The renovations recently completed were elegant, bright and beautiful and still kept to the original feel of this landmark home. Nancy and Bill, our hosts, were so accommodating, and the food, afternoon tea and wine tasting hours were delightful. December is a wonderful time to visit Newport and the Inn was decorated beautifully with the fireplaces always going. We did not want to leave. Thank you again Bill and Nancy, we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

We really appreciate you picking the Cliffside Inn for your get away. We gave Terrence a little scare when I told him you owned a tea house at one time, but he rose to the occasion. We really appreciate your comments regarding the renovations – “elegant, bright and beautiful” was the target and we thank you for letting us know we hit it. We are looking forward to having you back for more evening chats over tea or wine.

Happy new year!

Reviewed December 21, 2011

I can't say one thing negative about our recent last minute get away weekend at the Cliffside Inn, thanks to Bill & Nancy's hospitality. Their willingness to provide accommodations for Romeo, our seven pound Bichon was outstanding! Our room, which was located in the guest cottage was remarkable and provided all the amenities that we requested with an added personal touch. Not only would I recommend staying but we plan on going back soon.

Mike, Maddie & Romeo:)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Well, you have to come enough times so that Romeo will let me give him some love! I'm glad all three of you enjoyed your time here and that Romeo had fun with Koty's toy (since Koty never plays with them). We are always here when you need a quick get away. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Best,

Reviewed December 16, 2011

We have been to Newport on several occasions as we own a summer cottage in Rhode Island and usually make two or three trips to Newport for daily sightseeing and shopping. We wanted to get away for my big 65th birthday and said lets do it during the week. Being December it would be quiet and not so crowded. It turned out to be exactly what we expected and more.

I went on line and looked at several B & B's in Newport and the Cliffside stood out. Not only for location but the beautiful pictures of the Inn. I spoke with Bill on the phone a couple of times and we decided to surprise my wife by staying in the Beatrice suite. She was delighted to see the pink room and the beautiful black and white tiled bathroom. All the rooms have been refurbished and they have done a beautiful job decorating them. We had the fireplace going all night.

Bill and Nancy are wonderful hosts; gave us the perfect recomendation for dinner one night (Flo's in Middletown) and served a couple of breakfast's that were equal to any 5 star I've stayed in. They do all the little things from fresh linens daily to turn down service at night with two dipped in chocolate cookies at the bedside. Wine and cheese at 5:00 is a great touch. You can see these two innkeepers have taken notes over the years and know how to do it right.

We'll be back again, with friends at our side, to enjoy this beautiful warm home. Thanks for a great couple of days.

Ray & Cal

PS: Give Toby a scratch for us!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2011

Ray - You mentioned you had a birthday coming up but I had no idea it was a BIG one! We are so honored that you chose to celebrate with us. We were at Flo's last night and Lisa was raving about how great you two were. We are looking forward to having you back soon. Maybe for the Polar Bear Plunge?

Merry Christmas!