Cliffside Inn
US$314
US$241
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$275/night.

US$499
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$556/night.

The Attwater(Newport)
US$369
Hotel Viking(Newport)
US$297
US$289
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$370/night.

US$720
  • Pool
Artful Lodger Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$945
US$836
Relais & Châteaux
US$825
US$775
1,173 results
All reviewsgarden suitethe clifffire pitfrench press coffeeatlantic suiteturner suitewine receptionwine hourwindow seatmy husband and iother guestsfrench pressedsun roompressed coffeebeatrice turnertower roomcookies
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This was our 4th stay at Cliffside and as aways it was wonderful .Nancy and Bill were helpful,friendly and warm.We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

It was great having you hear and leaning about your past visits to the Inn. We hope that next time you will be able to stay longer. We really enjoyed our chats in the parlor.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We have been to the Cliffside Inn several times over the past 10 years and with the new owners it has become an even better experience. Nancy and Bill are warm, considerate and exceptionally helpful. Not only does the inn look better than it ever has, but breakfast is better, afternoon tea is lovely, and the Inn has a warmth now that the old 'corporate' structure never did. We will return for future celebrations.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for coming back to the Cliffside. We are so glad that you had a great anniversary trip and that you are happy with the changes we've made to the Inn. We are looking forward to having you hear for many more anniversaries!

All the best,

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I visited the cliffside in for my birthday retreat. My husband couldn't attend because he was away on business and found this WONDERFUL b&b for me to retire to while he was gone. From the moment I got there, Nancy and Bill proved the warmest, friendliest hosts. It felt just as if I were in their home. They made every day special and I never felt alone while I was there. They didn't crowd me, but whenever I came out, they offered tea or anything else I might need.

The afternoon tea/wine-and-cheese events were an added bonus that spoke a lot to the care and concern they took for their guests to have a great stay. Nancy was an ever-present and gracious host and Bill wowed with his "dabbling" in the kitchen. They did a fantastic job. I didn't know when I came that they had just reopened after a major remodel in August, but the space was stunning.

They made sure all my reservations were made and their hospitality even extended to where I had my birthday dinner (The Mooring, also great!). They went out of their way to assure I had an amazing birthday and their acts of kindness really touched me.

I wholeheartedly recommend The Cliffside Inn as a perfect location for a personal retreat. Really, I'd recommend it for any type of visit, but it was particularly well-suited for what I needed. I got to meet other guests/couples there for romantic getaways and all of us were happy with our experience.

I am certainly planning a return visit, this time with husband in tow and can't wait to get back there with Nancy and Bill. There was nothing about the whole experience that I wouldn't recommend. I think the one thing that one should be aware of is that Kodi, their dog, is still getting used to having so many visitors, so sometimes he gets very excited and barks, which can sometimes catch you off-guard. I think, though, as he gets used to it, that will subside.

I can't leave without pointing out how amazing the steam/spa shower in the Sun room was. I clearly took more showers in the last three days than in any other three day period in my life. It just had everything you needed: ipod dock, aromatherapy, steam, chromatherapy...I mean, how does life get any better?? While I LOVED the steam shower for itself, it represented for me how much they paid attention to detail. It was a very nice touch and it rocketed my stay from fantastic to phenomenal.

If you're on the fence about Cliffside Inn, come down from there and book your stay - because you won't be disappointed. They are an adorable couple, consummate hosts, and amazing people.

Room Tip: The Sun room was perfect for me. The steam shower is what sold it and if you like that kind of thing, I would totally recommend it. I wouldn't recommend staying on the main floor, just because it can be noisy. Often, it's the wonderful sound of people getting to know one another, but it might not be your cup of tea. I would (and will) stay in the Sun room again on my next visit.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank 2JsVow
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

We are so happy that you had a great rejuvenating time at the Cliffside and in the Sun Room. That steam shower does have a way of inspiring and relaxing all at the same time. Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. We do try hard to make every guests stay here special and are very glad we could do that for you. Good luck with the PhD and your husbands interviews. We look forward to having you both back here when time permits.

All the best,

Reviewed January 4, 2012

We had a really lovely time staying at the Cliffside inn. The complimentary wine and tasters were a nice surprise when we checked in at evening time, we met with some other guests and had a nice chat. Bill and Nancy are great, they are both real hosts and made us feel really welcome in their home. The house is gorgeous, the rooms are fantastic, along with the rest of the restoration completed in the last year. Breakfast was nice and if you are lucky enough to experience some of Bill's blueberry pancakes, you are in for a real treat! We will definitely go back again some time, we only stayed one night but it was one of those breaks where you think afterwards you have been away for a few days.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Swann room, it is really nicely decorated but a little small, but it is still lovely
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

We are so pleased that you chose the Cliffside for your one night respite and thank you for the lovely review. We had a wonderful time getting to know both of you and are glad that you've come to live in the States for awhile. We hope that you will come visit us again the next time you need to recharge your batteries.

Happy New Year,

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have been a regular at the Cliffside for several years and always enjoy the old girl, even in her 'better days gone by' state of a year and a half ago. My last memory of the Cliffside was my wedding day in 2010 and the wonderful way the Cliffside staff made it so special for us. I was a bit apprehensive when the Bagwells bought her but my return this weekend put all my fears to rest.

Bill and Nancy have brought a grand elegance back to the Cliffside while keeping the approachable, not stuffy charm of it alive. It is stylish and cozy...and no longer feels shabby in any way. It is truly a labor of love that you see and it's exactly what the Cliffside needed.

While we still prefer the Grand Tea in the afternoon to the wine reception in the evening and we certainly do miss having coffee service in bed in the morning, we are thrilled beyond words at the loving care given the Cliffside by her new owners. The changes made were sorely needed but the Bagwells have kept the spirit of the place very much intact.

Thank you, Bill and Nancy, for putting new life into the Grand Dame of Seaview Avenue.

Room Tip: While all the rooms are wonderful, we LOVE the loft room. It's a wonderful place to hideaway and watch the stars through the skylights at night.
1  Thank wickedwillingwench

WWW - We are so glad that you returned to the Cliffside and are pleased with the changes. She is a wonderful house and I'm glad the love we have for her shows. Just so you know, we still do tea on Wednesday and Saturday and I hope you will visit us on one of those days and enjoy the wonderful delights we serve with Harney and Sons tea! It was really great to have the two of you here and we look forward to your next visit.

Best,